It sucks how you good you look can depend on some stoner

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had a loader who was on methadone. He would puke on the tailgate every once in a while.
We had a seasonal loader work for a week and then got arrested on the weekend for possession. He called the center manager to tell what happened amd wanted to know if they'd hold his job for him...lol

Packmule

We had a new driver who was in his 30 days. The loader for the training route should not be loading that car as he is just overwhelmed at the amount of work that car gets. As you can imagine, the new driver was struggling.

I asked my PDS if any consideration was given during the qualification process for a bad preloader. His answer made a lot of sense-----if a driver is able to get through a day with a bad preloader he should have no problem working with a good preloader.
I'd have to disagree with your opinion on this one. I'm a 32 years on the road veteran an a bad load can still destroy my productivity, put me in a bind on time commits and set me up for total failure-- which I alone will be held accountable for. I'm on the OC's side on this one!

30 to life

Damm that sux lol. Heroine is a screwed up horrible drug and hard to get off of it supposedly. Crack and heroine, why somebody would ever try them 2 drugs knowing how addicting they are is besides me dude.
I del to a meth clinic and saw my one cousin in line to get a dose never knew she had a problem

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I del to a meth clinic and saw my one cousin in line to get a dose never knew she had a problem
I have a buddy in the coast guard whos younger brother was a heroine addict, went through rehab and was doing good on methadone, unfortunately he took his own life with a bullet to the head. Definitely bad stuff that's for sure.

browntroll

from what i see stoners do good in preload but not so good at unload or pickoff but it does depend on the person i guess.
i take it as part of the job, some preloaders i see dont care while others get stuck with 6 trucks. i have seen management bring
in unloader at the end of the day 1 hour before truck leaves to load 4 trucks by himself so you be the judge on the kind of load you
might expect.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It sucks to have a bad loader but when you are qualifying it's 10x worse. Might I suggest you at least talk to your loader and ask him/her to put all your air on your seat. That will help make things a little smoother. Don't expect perfect loads now or in the future.

Also most loaders make crap wages and have to bust their nuts to load all the trucks, show them some appreciation and a few nice words every so often and it will go a long way. Try not to sweat the numbers game, they will qualify who they want when they want. Try to show improvement everyday even if you don't scratch the route and you will be fine. Along with what other posters have said, if you can get through this WHILE qualifying, you will be ok once you get out on your own.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's managements responsibility to manage load quality, not the driver. Give me two pieces of bread and a pile of crap, I'll serve you a crap sandwich, not lobster. Managements inability to manage the labor correctly doesn't constitute a sense of urgency for me to fix it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's managements responsibility to manage load quality, not the driver. Give me two pieces of bread and a pile of crap, I'll serve you a crap sandwich, not lobster. Managements inability to manage the labor correctly doesn't constitute a sense of urgency for me to fix it.

While it may be management's responsibility drivers are the ones who have to deal with it on a daily basis. A good driver can turn a poor preloader in to a good one.