It sucks how you good you look can depend on some stoner

margaritaville

I just switched to fulltime and havent even passed yet. I been doing good and know all my streets and stops. But inside the truck it sucks when your air envelope is loaded on the floor under a bulk stop or stuff is on the wrong self and what not.

Like if you are a great driver with a :censored2:ty loader it can make you look worse than an average driver with a great loader. Backtracking, wasting time looking etc. I feel like a could bonus my route everyday if my stuff was exactly in the right spot.

Im not even saying my loader is that bad, just saying its crazy how much a loader can get a driver in trouble if he sucks. I guess coming over adversity like this is what makes a good driver but still annoying haha.

ManInBrown

Part of the job. Some are great. Some suck. Just like some drivers can do their own job, and others are slugs needing help every night. Just something we all have to deal with.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a new driver who was in his 30 days. The loader for the training route should not be loading that car as he is just overwhelmed at the amount of work that car gets. As you can imagine, the new driver was struggling.

I asked my PDS if any consideration was given during the qualification process for a bad preloader. His answer made a lot of sense-----if a driver is able to get through a day with a bad preloader he should have no problem working with a good preloader.

UPSGUY72

I just switched to fulltime and havent even passed yet. I been doing good and know all my streets and stops. But inside the truck it sucks when your air envelope is loaded on the floor under a bulk stop or stuff is on the wrong self and what not.

Like if you are a great driver with a :censored2:ty loader it can make you look worse than an average driver with a great loader. Backtracking, wasting time looking etc. I feel like a could bonus my route everyday if my stuff was exactly in the right spot.

Im not even saying my loader is that bad, just saying its crazy how much a loader can get a driver in trouble if he sucks. I guess coming over adversity like this is what makes a good driver but still annoying haha.

It's called adapt and over come get used to it if you think things are bad now wait till peak comes and toward the end of the preload the object is just to get the packages in the car not in the right place in the car. Usually air for bulk stops is loaded where the bulk stop is loaded.

Also pre loaders put stuff on different selves when one gets stuffed full and the other one is empty. Remember if it not on the self it's most likely on the floor.

BrownArmy

Believe it or not, your management team likely knows what kind of manure they're throwing you into.

Numbers is a part of it, no doubt, but it's also what you do with your situation that has as much weight.

In an ideal world, you'd have a Clarksville load and they'd be timing your laps.

In reality, you're going to have to deal with the same chitt that all of us have to deal with.

You got a chitty load? Join the club.

Peak is coming. Honestly you're getting a better training by having a crap load.

It is what it is.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The 2 best loaders I had were stoners. They seem to try to do a good job. When they are stoned they are one with the load.
1604420_578223598929270_1405119863_n.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its funny how people get the misconception that if your high you cant do all the things that people who don't blaze do. Once again, old folk tale lie told by the people who don't smoke or have never smoked up. In fact lets be honest, people who are high can usually do the same things a sober person can do or sometimes better,meanwhile the person who is drinking alcohol can not. Now you tell me which one is safer alcohol or Maryjane? Pretty easy hypothesis to the equation really lol.