It sucks how you good you look can depend on some stoner

wayfair

swollen member
I would agree that they often expect way too much. I have been a staunch advocate for scanners on the back of cars to give loaders the technology backup UPS gives drivers through diad.
Still, the op's point is what a bad load does to drivers.

I know what the load does to the drivers, it's out of the preloaders control is what I'm trying to get across.
When I go into work, there is a load diagram for the number of pieces per shelf taped to back of the PC... there's been a few times where section 7 or 8 will have 90+ pieces while the rest will have 25-40, it's not a preloader problem but a dispatch problem

The Driver

I drive.
I had some buried O70 NDA package yesterday that was late because nobody let me know it was there. There should be a better system...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
CAM00004.jpg
This was before I stacked out when we wrapped...but it's the general idea.

guyinthebrownbox

I used to do this stuff on my younger years. Some people abused it. Now no one is allowed in there at all. They claim drivers were doing pt work for free.
To a degree I agree. Just think the preloaders need to do their work correctly!
Sorry, today you'd get warning lettered out of a job in our bld. Not judging, just saying drivers cannot help preloaders around here. But preloaders can kill a driver with bad loads.

I see what you mean and agree. I know other managers in my building that don't want you in there before start time. I guess I was fortunate enough to have a half way decent management team and trainer

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That looks like a load from 30 years ago. The cars in my building go out everyday with 4 or 5 times that much volume. What size package car is that.
If you read...I hadn't bulked the truck out when I took the pic. Dispatch plan said 265 or so pieces...it's all residential stops save 3 or 4 businesses in a strip mall. 4 or 5 times that volume? :bsbullf: Show me a 1000 with over 900 pieces...lol

Last edited: