Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay

vantexan

Trump & Company won't say, but my guess is landscape maintenance, fast food/restaurant work, and the agricultural industry.

All of the jobs that white, uneducated Americans won't do. They expect $30 per hour jobs from Mr. Trump, with no effort needed on their part.

I'm sure he will come through for them.
A lot of Trump voters were Democrats in the Rust Belt. You know, hard working union guys. Bet those guys would disagree with your characterization.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Man, y'all sure didn't waste any time derailing this thread into a political argument. Only lasted 6 posts. Y'all suck. Why can't you guys create a thread just for politics, to argue in?? Believe it or not but some people DO come here to discuss FedEx related issues and NOT politics. Geez!!!!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Man, y'all sure didn't waste any time derailing this thread into a political argument. Only lasted 6 posts. Y'all suck. Why can't you guys create a thread just for politics, to argue in?? Believe it or not but some people DO come here to discuss FedEx related issues and NOT politics. Geez!!!!
Sorry, Op!...right you is - got carried away. I'd remove my post, but it's too late. :blushing:

fdxsux

Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay. I didnt even know they could do that. They are saying because they gave everyone a raise is why they have to do it and they only have to give us 2 weeks notice.
I don't think "your station" can cut guaranteed pay. It's a company policy. Either all the stations have it or none do. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if FedEx takes it away. They've taken away just about everything else.

overflowed

Don't think you're wrong at all. But also do for this country. I feel he played people's fears and insecurity and just lied. Straight up. This is all a game to him, but I do hope this fool can actually do some of the things he talks about.

Last edited:

vantexan

I counted the 6 posts, so apparently you feel it started with mine. Not so. I pointed out a reality. Obamacare is in full operation in 2017, and it will have a big impact on business. Not political, just a point as to why, if true, FedEx may be doing away with 35 hrs guarantee. And Amazon may have a big impact on our particular company, if true. Rumors tend to swirl on here just as much as they do at stations. I agree that the politics on here is over the top, and I'm one of the worst. But let's not assume every post that mentions hot button issues like Obamacare is intended to start a flame war. And I for one am tired of the constant sniping and pledge to clean my act up. Please expect some here to test that, lol. Merry Christmas!

I don't think "your station" can cut guaranteed pay. It's a company policy. Either all the stations have it or none do. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if FedEx takes it away. They've taken away just about everything else.
Unfortunately yes ......the entire East coast from what I heard. But its supposed to roll out to the entire FedEx operation in the US and they only have to give you 2 weeks notice.

Serf

'Made in USA' doesn't automatically translate to quality - in fact I've personally experienced far too many instances of quite the opposite.
Agree. As a broader example I would also add the fact that nothing is built with "moral authority" anymore. In the cities in the Northeast I see brick and timber, stone and timber. Pubs and Clerk offices built to last centuries. I go out in the suburbs and see new homes being built with particle board, not real lumber, aluminum siding chimneys, not real brick or stone. Mini malls that are hastily erected so places like Beach Bum tans, Gamestop, Chuckie Cheese, Subway, etc. Those that listen, also know how I feel about Applebee's :)
Cheap, easy, convenient, practical, online, etc. All moral decay.

bbsam

Staff member
FedEx related issues are political in nature. Every broken promise and takeaway is vetted by FedEx legal to determine legality in respect to laws they pay good money to have passed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FedEx related issues are political in nature. Every broken promise and takeaway is vetted by FedEx legal to determine legality in respect to laws they pay good money to have passed.
Lol. This is all true, but sometimes people only want to talk about the every day goings on in their building without talk of the politics that might be causing causing it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't think you're wrong at all. But also do for this country. I feel he played people's fears and insecurity and just lied. Straight up. This is all a game to him, but I do hope this fool can actually do some of the things he talks about.

This. He just said whatever he needed to and tailored each speech to satisfy the particular crowd in question. Once the honeymoon is over, we're going to see he can't deliver on those lies.

I'm not sure his demographic is smart enough to know they're getting nothing. The aristocracy is ecstatic, because they are going to do extremely well.

As far as FedEx and unions are concerned, dark days are ahead.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I counted the 6 posts, so apparently you feel it started with mine. Not so. I pointed out a reality. Obamacare is in full operation in 2017, and it will have a big impact on business. Not political, just a point as to why, if true, FedEx may be doing away with 35 hrs guarantee. And Amazon may have a big impact on our particular company, if true. Rumors tend to swirl on here just as much as they do at stations. I agree that the politics on here is over the top, and I'm one of the worst. But let's not assume every post that mentions hot button issues like Obamacare is intended to start a flame war. And I for one am tired of the constant sniping and pledge to clean my act up. Please expect some here to test that, lol. Merry Christmas!

Politics and FedEx are inextricably linked, so even when the Trump crap stops, it will still be a big deal because Fred is a political player...Big time.

He is outraged at Trump right now because Protectionism will hurt FedEx, so he probably would have preferred Hillary
Fredward gives to both parties, so he is almost always covered.

Happy Holidays. Actually, Happy Festivus.

Myort

Is this a policy change, or a focus item? I know at my station, they have been watching the guarantee hours lately and making sure to give you enough work to put you over 35. Let's face it, it doesn't make good business sense to pay OT to some people, while others are getting guarantee pay. Maybe this is a directive to balance the hours more?

Is this a policy change, or a focus item? I know at my station, they have been watching the guarantee hours lately and making sure to give you enough work to put you over 35. Let's face it, it doesn't make good business sense to pay OT to some people, while others are getting guarantee pay. Maybe this is a directive to balance the hours more?
I was told its because of cost to run the business efficiently. To look good for the stock holders.
Could be a focus item. Some of the tenured people said this has happened before but it was years ago.

Oldfart

I was told its because of cost to run the business efficiently. To look good for the stock holders.
Could be a focus item. Some of the tenured people said this has happened before but it was years ago.
Over 40 years I have never heard of that. I would wait to hear more details before I would panic. Might be someone misunderstanding an email.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is all a game to him, but I do hope this fool can actually do some of the things he talks about.

The people who didn't take him seriously and made wrong prediction after wrong prediction about his candidacy/campaign are calling him a fool who is playing a game. LOL!