Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay

Myort

Not 100% sure about this, but if they were to eliminate the guarantee for full-time workers, I think people can become eligible for unemployment benefits if they are consistently getting below 35 hours a week.

My guess is it won't be eliminated, but it is being watched and a strict limit is set on how much can be used.

vantexan

Not 100% sure about this, but if they were to eliminate the guarantee for full-time workers, I think people can become eligible for unemployment benefits if they are consistently getting below 35 hours a week.

My guess is it won't be eliminated, but it is being watched and a strict limit is set on how much can be used.
Pretty sure most States consider 30 hrs or more as fulltime.

MassWineGuy

Hmm. Maybe this cut has been applied surreptitiously because a manager told me a few weeks ago that I'm guaranteed just 14.5 hours.

dvalleyjim

I see "jobs coming back to America" going the same way as "lock her up!"

All that feel-good patriotic rah-rah talk sounds real nice and makes "fantastic" soundbites, but in reality we don't actually want manufacturing to return to the good ol' USA anyway.

We've gotten way too used to paying cheap prices for the toys we all enjoy. Nobody wants to give $2k for a 48" TV that goes up in smoke after 6 months. The one that was QA'd by Buford of Bugtussel, whose sole thought in his fat little head is grabbing that cold sixer of Milwaukee's Best at the Sack 'o Suds to guzzle in his pickup on the ride home to mama.

'Made in USA' doesn't automatically translate to quality - in fact I've personally experienced far too many instances of quite the opposite.

We can wave all the flags we want - let us not delude ourselves, it's not like Americans exactly enjoy a global reputation for a stellar work ethic. This isn't 1942.

Back to "lock her up!", Donald already cheerfully admitted "that's just the kind of stuff we say during the campaign, right?", Why should we think that's the only promise he'll renege on?

I definitely was not for Hillary, but I predict a year from now there's going to be a "yuuuge" amount of disillusionment amongst the Trump faithful.....and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I hope your pessimism about America and the American people is wrong. I remember when we were a great people that produced and had good jobs and opportunity. Before globalism and trade deals. If Trump can't do it God help the American working class! If you even believe in God. You sound very jaded.

dvalleyjim

They will be in manufacturing and their support industries. Don't buy the lie that everything is made by robots. Look around you at all the matter that surronds you and you will see that all of it that isn't natural was made by someone, somewhere. Even robot factories need payroll, support staff, vendors and suppliers. Why don't you'll get away from leftist theology and just read up on basic economics it's not brain surgery. You send all you manufacturing offshore for cheap labor. Then make corporations pay high taxes to repatriate their money they will invest elsewhere. The result for American's is lower wages and less good paying full time jobs. Or follow the Democrats and hope that the government will make Fred and McDonald's pay more.

dvalleyjim

They will be in manufacturing and their support industries. Don't buy the lie that everything is made by robots. Look around you at all the matter that surronds you and you will see that all of it that isn't natural was made by someone, somewhere. Even robot factories need payroll, support staff, vendors and suppliers. Why don't you'll get away from leftist theology and just read up on basic economics it's not brain surgery. You send all you manufacturing offshore for cheap labor. Then make corporations pay high taxes to repatriate their money they will invest elsewhere. The result for American's is lower wages and less good paying full time jobs. Or follow the Democrats and hope that the government will make Fred and McDonald's pay more.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sorry, shill, but...NO. "Snowflake" has exploded as terminology lately, so you and your ilk haven't been using it forever.

I didn't use it in the past because it's popular now? GREAT logic, MF!

If you want to continue with whatever point you're trying to make, go right ahead. I'm sure it makes sense in your mind.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I hope your pessimism about America and the American people is wrong. I remember when we were a great people that produced and had good jobs and opportunity. Before globalism and trade deals. If Trump can't do it God help the American working class! If you even believe in God. You sound very jaded.
As I concluded, I sincerely hope I'm wrong as well. "If I even believe in God"? I often wonder if I'd still be here if I didn't. "Very jaded"? I guess I can wear that label. I believe I've lived through (and been disillusioned by) too many presidential elections not to be. After all, the definition of jaded is 'worn out or dulled over time or by experiences.' As a member of the Boomer generation, I think that probably applies to me. I will admit to having become more and more cynical with each passing administration.

All the colorful balloons, flag waving, patriotic-inspiring music and grandiose speeches have always seemed to find a way to melt into that deep wide river of forgotten and failed campaign promises shortly after the confetti is swept from the inaugural ball.

With that I'll say 'Go forward, Mr. Trump - do make America great again, as you promised us you would. Make this weary old cynic eat his words and be proud of this country once more'

I'll be watching with jaded expectations.

btrlov

pt courier ....got the 17.5 grtee a week ago... because only 12 hrs, then neext week i got 21hrs including holiday .....then this check they took the 5hrs back out my most recent check ...idk why if it was the holiday or because its a new policy or the manager finagled the numbers.....
haven't been late or refused any work...this station is very funny...the managers seem to be able to find work all the ppl they hired or maybe they over hired...
i see the policy in the ppl manual , also i see some ambiguity in it