Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay

Serf

As I concluded, I sincerely hope I'm wrong as well. "If I even believe in God"? I often wonder if I'd still be here if I didn't. "Very jaded"? I guess I can wear that label. I believe I've lived through (and been disillusioned by) too many presidential elections not to be. After all, the definition of jaded is 'worn out or dulled over time or by experiences.' As a member of the Boomer generation, I think that probably applies to me. I will admit to having become more and more cynical with each passing administration.

All the colorful balloons, flag waving, patriotic-inspiring music and grandiose speeches have always seemed to find a way to melt into that deep wide river of forgotten and failed campaign promises shortly after the confetti is swept from the inaugural ball.

With that I'll say 'Go forward, Mr. Trump - do make America great again, as you promised us you would. Make this weary old cynic eat his words and be proud of this country once more'

I'll be watching with jaded expectations.
I agree. The last 8 years of president who frames the world in terms of his issues with his identity and lacks any idea on what an official foreign policy is. Short of instigating Maidan/Crimea, fanning the flames of civil war in Syria, and toppling the Qaddafi and Libya. It was basically a different flavor of W. Bush. Critics and naysayers will have some great excuse as to why POTUS failed to achieve much. But in general, it is always the same thing in the modern age. Government is beholden to Corporations and Wall Street. And the social issues that get celebrated are blown out of proportion. (Gay marriage, transgender bathrooms, women in combat roles in the Military, etc).
I believe 4 years of Trump will be a great reset for both parties.

BootsOnTarmac

pt courier ....got the 17.5 grtee a week ago... because only 12 hrs, then neext week i got 21hrs including holiday .....then this check they took the 5hrs back out my most recent check ...idk why if it was the holiday or because its a new policy or the manager finagled the numbers.....
haven't been late or refused any work...this station is very funny...the managers seem to be able to find work all the ppl they hired or maybe they over hired...
i see the policy in the ppl manual , also i see some ambiguity in it

I suggest (Express): When working days or weeks with OT, minimal hours, off days, split shift, AM shift then PM shift, etc., that you make a copy of your time card / sheet. These are documents that you have signed stating your hours and may be lost or misread when entered by payroll or your manager. Mistakes happen, CYA it's your pay. never work for free!

!Retired!

I asked my manager about cutting minimum pay. He says he would have surely head something if they did. He bought up a good point. If they eliminated min pay, they would NEVER have enough staff at the Memphis hub.

I think your SM is up to something. Expect them to bring around a paper to sign saying you are waving minimum pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree. The last 8 years of president who frames the world in terms of his issues with his identity and lacks any idea on what an official foreign policy is. Short of instigating Maidan/Crimea, fanning the flames of civil war in Syria, and toppling the Qaddafi and Libya. It was basically a different flavor of W. Bush. Critics and naysayers will have some great excuse as to why POTUS failed to achieve much. But in general, it is always the same thing in the modern age. Government is beholden to Corporations and Wall Street. And the social issues that get celebrated are blown out of proportion. (Gay marriage, transgender bathrooms, women in combat roles in the Military, etc).
I believe 4 years of Trump will be a great reset for both parties.

Obama had an obstructionist Congress for most of his term(s). I don't suppose you recall Mitch McConnell's pledge to block every bit of legislation Obama proposed, do you?

Trump will re-set us back to 1929 first, and then 1938, when Hitler really started to get going. Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" too. Look it up.

Serf

Obama had an obstructionist Congress for most of his term(s). I don't suppose you recall Mitch McConnell's pledge to block every bit of legislation Obama proposed, do you?

Trump will re-set us back to 1929 first, and then 1938, when Hitler really started to get going. Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" too. Look it up.
Sure, I remember. I also remember when he said the ultimate goal was to make Obama a 1 term President. He is a hack. He is tone deaf. And has no real place in the new Republican party moving forward. That's a pretty bold prediction, even for you Mr. FedEx. How about a more accurate prediction, instead of thinking Trump will build gas chambers and labour camps for Mexicans, not Jews. Mine is that "the powers that be" will dupe him into importing democracy somewhere unforeseen by the general American public. Think Lebanon, North Korea, Kenya, etc.

On topic please. There's a forum called, current events for political discussions.
image (15).gif

dvalleyjim

As I concluded, I sincerely hope I'm wrong as well. "If I even believe in God"? I often wonder if I'd still be here if I didn't. "Very jaded"? I guess I can wear that label. I believe I've lived through (and been disillusioned by) too many presidential elections not to be. After all, the definition of jaded is 'worn out or dulled over time or by experiences.' As a member of the Boomer generation, I think that probably applies to me. I will admit to having become more and more cynical with each passing administration.

All the colorful balloons, flag waving, patriotic-inspiring music and grandiose speeches have always seemed to find a way to melt into that deep wide river of forgotten and failed campaign promises shortly after the confetti is swept from the inaugural ball.

With that I'll say 'Go forward, Mr. Trump - do make America great again, as you promised us you would. Make this weary old cynic eat his words and be proud of this country once more'

I'll be watching with jaded expectations.

Remember, presidents and politicians don't make America great. The American people do. Don't lose site of what it means to be an American with liberty and the right to pursue the biological gifts of the individual guaranteed under the Constitution. Or, if you will, rights endowed by the Creator.

I heard this story. A guy from Sudan was riding a New York subway and looked around at all the different people, different races, different backgrounds and religions and wondered: "What keeps these people from killing each other?" It is because we are all Americans.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It seems the threads that go off topic the fastest are the ones that begin with "would it be possible to have a civil discussion about.......?"