Its simple

Atomic_Smurf

The crazy thing is Smurf, you know RTW laws hurt working people and you don't care. You love to throw obamacare out as your defense, but nobody is defending obamacare? You constantly defend RTW knowing it hurts organized labor. You are like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Actually no, I don't know that RTW hurts working people. I've been waiting for months for you or any other RTW alarmist to provide a single example of a working class American that has been negatively impacted after the law was passed in their state. How many times do I have to present you with that challenge before you realize that everything you thought you knew about the law is a lie?

PT Car Washer

RTW legislation forced an increase in starting PT wages? I believe minimum wage laws were forcing UPS to raise their starting wage $.50/hr. That and not being able to man their PT operations.

Atomic_Smurf

RTW legislation forced an increase in starting PT wages? I believe minimum wage laws were forcing UPS to raise their starting wage $.50/hr. That and not being able to man their PT operations.
I know, crazy isn't it. They even bumped up the insurance availability date in a contract where they were giving back in many other areas. Feel free to confirm that with anyone on the national negotiation team. Minimum wage laws only force employers to pay minimum wage & manning operations certainly softened UPS to the idea but the union has benefited from the revolving door of part timers almost as much as the company. RTW is causing our union to rethink its historical non representation of new employees. After a 30 year lull, we will be seeing pay raises for new hires in every contract from here on out.

Atomic_Smurf

Actually no, I don't know that RTW hurts working people. I've been waiting for months for you or any other RTW alarmist to provide a single example of a working class American that has been negatively impacted after the law was passed in their state. How many times do I have to present you with that challenge before you realize that everything you thought you knew about the law is a lie?

((*crickets*))

Atomic_Smurf

Are you in a strong local?
We have strong members but weak, misdirected & dishonest leadership that doesn't represent our interests. They've spent years lying about RTW while they tarnished our union by mishandling money to the point it had to be put in trusteeship. Now the biggest obstacle we face in securing a contract is our own union leadership.

We have strong members but weak, misdirected & dishonest leadership that doesn't represent our interests. They've spent years lying about RTW while they tarnished our union by mishandling money to the point it had to be put in trusteeship. Now the biggest obstacle we face in securing a contract is our own union leadership.
You ever think about running or getting more involved? All the time typing you spend on here and all the many things you are knowledgeable about maybe it's your calling.

Ron Carey lives on

Crickets! He gives up those rights, when chooses to become a RTW freeloader. Vents on brown cafe, saves his 85 a month, complains about his leadership and contracts. What a misguided soul. Get in the ring, fight for better representation, no, didn't think so

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

You ever think about running or getting more involved? All the time typing you spend on here and all the many things you are knowledgeable about maybe it's your calling.
Its a possibility. Seems that so many use their positions to represent the will of the union leadership rather than the members.

Atomic_Smurf

Crickets! He gives up those rights, when chooses to become a RTW freeloader. Vents on brown cafe, saves his 85 a month, complains about his leadership and contracts. What a misguided soul. Get in the ring, fight for better representation, no, didn't think so

Sent using BrownCafe App
Still no example I see.... Just a pathetic rant about my membership that you no clue about. I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

Atomic_Smurf

Nothing shuts down a RTW debate like asking for an example of a worker actually loosing pay after it passed in their state. Works. Every. Time.

AnonyMusser

No one taking the bait for anecdotes you can dismiss? Don't mistake that for some kind of victory. Making union dues optional starves the union, destroying bargaining power and lobbying muscle which stacks the deck for corporate in negotiations. That's what the phrase means. Don't be obtuse.

Atomic_Smurf

No one taking the bait for anecdotes you can dismiss? Don't mistake that for some kind of victory. Making union dues optional starves the union, destroying bargaining power and lobbying muscle which stacks the deck for corporate in negotiations. That's what the phrase means. Don't be obtuse.
No baiting here. I can point to literally millions of working people that have either lost their health insurance or have been forced into an inferior plan at a higher cost. Know why? Because its true. These are real people with names and faces. I'm sure you even know a few. The reason you can't do that with RTW is because it is an absolute lie.

I don't take that as a "victory". I take that as a loss for every working man and woman that has sacrificed so that they could provide their family's a better life.

Atomic_Smurf

"Sorry, we can't offer you a package in your old price range. Obamacare, ya know. What are you gonna do, am I right?" Of course this is where you need to do your homework and check the new package for frivolous extras that Obama "made them" throw in.
Yes insurance companies are in on the Democrats legalized price gouging scam. (Remember the cheers from left when Big Insurance announced their support for the ACA?)They are collecting much of the revenue for the new law by only being allowed to sell "ObamaCare approved" plans. This is what Jonathan Gruber was talking about when he explained that ObamaCare supporters were to stupid to understand that they were essentially being hit with a huge new tax collected through artificially high premiums.

AnonyMusser

Yes insurance companies are in on the Democrats legalized price gouging scam. (Remember the cheers from left when Big Insurance announced their support for the ACA?)They are collecting much of the revenue for the new law by only being allowed to sell "ObamaCare approved" plans. This is what Jonathan Gruber was talking about when he explained that ObamaCare supporters were to stupid to understand that they were essentially being hit with a huge new tax collected through artificially high premiums.
Yeah, the Democrats. I mean it's the same plan as was proposed and wholely supported by Republicans Mitt Romney in '08 and the entire Republican Congress in the 90's, but yeah this is all Democrats scheme. Be more of a right wing Hannity fan caricature, please. You realize of course that many supporters of Obama assumed, by his own words, that he would launch a public option in the form of radically expanded Medicare styled after European single payer socialized medicine, which is orders of magnitude better than our current situation, right? So that "too stupid to expect a tax" falls flat on its face.