Its time to get rid of the bone-us

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We've had several routes with good allowances go up for bid over the years. You would think the guys claiming they had bad allowances would jump all over this gravy. You would be wrong.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've had several routes with good allowances go up for bid over the years. You would think the guys claiming they had bad allowances would jump all over this gravy. You would be wrong.
I always bid an area I want or in the case of my current route a schedule that I want, I never worried too much about the time allowance.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When you bid for life there are always people who hate change. Have a coworker who started around the same time I did. I have bid around 6 different routes and have finally made it to the centers gravy route. He is still on his original bid, a ball busting industrial park. Says he's afraid to learn residential areas!

Johney

Well I'm assuming he drove friend/T to make 90 grand ,then took a 22.3 job. Of course we all know what happens when we "assume things":biting:

hey JOHNEY IF U READ MY POST IT WILL SAY I GOT SMART AND TOOK AN ARTICE 22 JOB... AHHHHH KEEP RUNNING
What are you yelling for! I saw it that's why I posted that I thought you were friend/T first. You must have read it you "Liked" it. And I'm too tired to run I leave that for the young guns:wink2:

I wish I could be in a bonus center!!! Better yet I wish I could get a Article 22 job!! But they all my co-workers call me a runner too. Just because I deliver 180 stops by 3pm, and then take my lunch at 3-4pm, and do my first pick up at 4:15, am I a runner because of that? I dont think so, I just think Im nice. And No, I dont go and load and sort my truck before hand, no need for that. It doesnt matter how much they send me out with, Im taking my full 1 hour lunch, and Im getting back before 6 every night. All the other drivers hate me for it, but who cares! Im not trying to be out in 100 degree weather 2 hours more just to please my co-workers. Im trying to get home ASAP to see my new-born daughter. So to all you old guys that take 12 hours to deliver 130 stops in an Automatic, with 6 pickups, where probably 3 out 6 pickups arent even there no more, BEAT IT! Im getting sick of you guys bit*hin and whining all day! Keep that **** to yourself.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish I could be in a bonus center!!! Better yet I wish I could get a Article 22 job!! But they all my co-workers call me a runner too. Just because I deliver 180 stops by 3pm, and then take my lunch at 3-4pm, and do my first pick up at 4:15, am I a runner because of that? I dont think so, I just think Im nice. And No, I dont go and load and sort my truck before hand, no need for that. It doesnt matter how much they send me out with, Im taking my full 1 hour lunch, and Im getting back before 6 every night. All the other drivers hate me for it, but who cares! Im not trying to be out in 100 degree weather 2 hours more just to please my co-workers. Im trying to get home ASAP to see my new-born daughter. So to all you old guys that take 12 hours to deliver 130 stops in an Automatic, with 6 pickups, where probably 3 out 6 pickups arent even there no more, BEAT IT! Im getting sick of you guys bit*hin and whining all day! Keep that **** to yourself.

Most of the guys you just bad mouthed are the type in your center that'll just be shaking their heads and be thinking "how ironic" when they have to come pull stops off of your truck after your running and gunning results in an accident.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Use to get 10 min to a half hour a week in bonus if we could get out of the building on time and that doesn't happen very often. Then came the virtual time study and now lose to it by 1 1/2 hours a day. So now a 9 1/2 hour day is a 8 hour planned day. Glad I get paid in non virtual money.

Yes that's what they all say, wait until you get into an accident, thats what there hoping for. But I'm on lunch right now, I was dispatched with 166, I already did 139 stops. I could be done in the next hour, but i promise the guy route I am doing I won't get back in until 630. I could of been done at 3:00. But who cares, call me a runner or whatever. I don't dk none of that bs. I just dont stop, i keep it moving. It's 94 degrees right now who wants towork extra hours in this weather

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yes that's what they all say, wait until you get into an accident, thats what there hoping for. But I'm on lunch right now, I was dispatched with 166, I already did 139 stops. I could be done in the next hour, but i promise the guy route I am doing I won't get back in until 630. I could of been done at 3:00. But who cares, call me a runner or whatever. I don't dk none of that bs. I just dont stop, i keep it moving. It's 94 degrees right now who wants towork extra hours in this weather
you are awesome,we suck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just curious, how are you going to explain the gap times in your Telematics report??

Don't worry about the bid driver---you run the route the way that you want to. If you want to go out and smoke the route then by all means light it up.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Just curious, how are you going to explain the gap times in your Telematics report??

Don't worry about the bid driver---you run the route the way that you want to. If you want to go out and smoke the route then by all means light it up.
runners are not affected by telematics

Punched out at 6:09. Tried to stay on as long as possible. Sat at my 2nd pu for 25 minutes. And nothing I do is running. I didn't even know I was doing the route until 5 mins before we had to leave. I went out with supervisors on my truck and I still get done first. And I did no running.

babboo25

Banned
I don't have a problem with bonus. I don't run and gun but sometimes my route is really tight and I can take lunch and still run -75. Why would I not want 45 minutes of free straight time? This doesn't happen everyday but sometimes twice a week, that adds up. Even if it isn't tight and I still run -25 under a day,that's an extra $30 or so a week.Free $ to me.

Free straight time? Our bonus is all overtime, no runners but routes with 100 + miles usually get more bonus.

Buck Fifty

More like " The best thing since upstate in his prime " . You should change it !

Last edited by a moderator:
BTSA Keep killin' yourself and you'll be an old guy real quick. I'm an old guy and I'm smart enough to know how to pace myself when it's hot. I don't bitch. I just work as safe as possible and follow the methods. You should save your post and read it again after you've been delivering cardboard for 20 years. You'll be amazed how much wiser you will have become.(hopefully).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BTSA Keep killin' yourself and you'll be an old guy real quick. I'm an old guy and I'm smart enough to know how to pace myself when it's hot. I don't bitch. I just work as safe as possible and follow the methods. You should save your post and read it again after you've been delivering cardboard for 20 years. You'll be amazed how much wiser you will have become.(hopefully).

Grumpy Old Man aren't you?