El Correcto

god is dead
Big was a better rapper than pac.

Start to finish none of 2pac’s albums compare to ready to die. This and dr dre’s 2001 are the best cds in hip hop.

LarryBird

I will begin tonight's selections with this gem from about a decade ago:
Broken Bells - Vaporize

Broken Bells = James Mercer from The Shins and super producer Brian "Danger Mouse" Burton. The whole self-titled album is pretty fantastic.

LarryBird

If you like The Beatles, give Dr. Dog a try:
Dr. Dog - The Breeze

Dr. Dog is a Philly band whose sense of melody is very similar to The Beatles in my opinion. Definitely influenced heavily by them and by Pink Floyd, I'd say, as well.

Check it out. They've got a bunch of good albums, with very few :censored2:ty songs among them. You don't really need to skip over much in their back catalog.

LarryBird

I am gonna go watch "Billions" now, because that's my :censored2:, and the one show I really look forward to watching at this point in time.

Afterwards I will post a few more songs, if I remember.

I would like to keep this thread active, even if it's just for my own pleasure.

I want to remember to post like one or two every day that I'm on here. Which admittedly, will probably be often, if people continue to argue politics on this beeotch - because I like to talk :censored2:.

LarryBird

I'm gonna hold off on "Billions" for a few. So here's a little known song from Albert Hammond Jr. of 'The Strokes' fame:
Albert Hammond Jr. - Scared

His whole album, 'Yours to Keep', rivals any work The Strokes have ever done, but it's definitely different. More mellow. I think it was a breakup album so it's got a touch of melancholy to some of the tracks. He's one of the best rhythm guitar players I've ever heard, and here he's given the chance to show how important he was to crafting the melodies on Strokes records. Sean Lennon and Julian Casablancas, sing backup and play bass respectively, on this track.

El Correcto

god is dead
C. Debussy

Hehehe
I'm gonna hold off on "Billions" for a few. So here's a little known song from Albert Hammond Jr. of 'The Strokes' fame:
Albert Hammond Jr. - Scared

His whole album, 'Yours to Keep', rivals any work The Strokes have ever done, but it's definitely different. More mellow. I think it was a breakup album so it's got a touch of melancholy to some of the tracks. He's one of the best rhythm guitar players I've ever heard, and here he's given the chance to show how important he was to crafting the melodies on Strokes records. Sean Lennon and Julian Casablancas, sing backup and play bass respectively, on this track.
Don’t you have some video tapes to return?