I've never received a diad mssg quite like this...

barnyard

KTM rider
Haven't run into a situation like that yet, but when i'm working i keep the mind state that i'm being recorded 24/7 anyway.

Now that I know that the Ring dealios are motion activated, I set the package down and then do the exaggerated point to the package for the benefit of the camera. Then I spend the rest of the day snikkering.

Sometimes, I am a 3rd grader.

rod

Retired 22 years
There are a couple of places that I deliver that have diad notes to deliver with caution, because they are problem customers. 1 of them gets things 4-5 days a week. Used to have the garage door code in the diad, then a specific spot on the porch and now a warning to tread lightly. He was home Thursday and I spoke to him. Nice guy. Maybe it's his wife.

It always the wife who is mean.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Now that I know that the Ring dealios are motion activated, I set the package down and then do the exaggerated point to the package for the benefit of the camera. Then I spend the rest of the day snikkering.

Sometimes, I am a 3rd grader.

I like to drop the package, ring the doorbell and GTFO before they can open the door. I did a lot of ding-dong-ditching as a kid, now I made a career out of it.

barnyard

KTM rider
It always the wife who is mean.

Probably. I saw her at the mailbox the week before, kind of a hotty. Their mailbox is a ways from the house and did not realize that was who it was. I am guessing she called in because I leered at her.

To be fair though... they have a special needs child and most of their deliveries are for the child. They live on a route where the driver takes lots and lots of voluntary lay off (missed out on a year of pension credit 2 or 3 years ago and was only 20 hours over last year), so there are lots of cover people that deliver there. I cover the route frequently, but so do at least 5 others. They may not have been comfortable thinking that every UPS person in the area knew their garage door code.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I don't ring the Ring doorbells unless I need a signature. Someone posted in another thread that the Ring is motion activated.
A couple of years ago I rang a doorbell. The customer, who wasn't home, talked through the doorbell on his cellphone. Since then I only ring the old style doorbells.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A couple of years ago I rang a doorbell. The customer, who wasn't home, talked through the doorbell on his cellphone. Since then I only ring the old style doorbells.
I rarely ring doorbells anymore because most of the time they are broken. I just knock hard 4 times and walk away. But I especially don't ring the "ring" style doorbells just because they record us.

WorknLateHuh

Yep, I don't ring any new age flashy doorbell/camera combos unless I have to. I feel like the damn thing is going to try to sync their google earth to my phone or somehow steal my soul.

35years

Gravy route
Why knock or ring unless you deliver to the Ghetto?
I don't walk up those porch steps either.
Slide it across the porch.
Customer contact just wastes time and creates call-ins.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I like to drop the package, ring the doorbell and GTFO before they can open the door. I did a lot of ding-dong-ditching as a kid, now I made a career out of it.
h18175t.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.
I usually knock very very softly. I wouldn't wanna wake up a baby that just laid down for a nap, even though I just backed my loud ass truck into the driveway while honking the horn like a retarded 7 year old.