I've never received a diad mssg quite like this...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wasn't very good with cranky customers. I told them to ship Fedex.

I'd got talked to by management about that one time and I told him My parents taught me not to take crap from anyone.

I'd be nice at first and if that didn't work then I'd stop being nice.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The other day i'm covering a route, and I had to pick up a pkg. Before I get there i get this message.

View attachment 136092

Video tape me??!! wtf? Turns out, this customer is on bad terms with UPS, and has posted hate videos in the past trying to get a rise out of drivers.

So my question is... have any of you been directly video taped like this? I'm not talking about home/property cameras. It seems everyone has those now.

To finish the story, I dreaded going to this stop the whole day, wondering what kind of bizarre confrontation was going to go down, and just thinking to myself i should just skip it. Once i did get there she was POed about a set of circumstances, but no video taping or tomfoolery went down.
Wear a mask.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Now that I know that the Ring dealios are motion activated, I set the package down and then do the exaggerated point to the package for the benefit of the camera. Then I spend the rest of the day snikkering.

Sometimes, I am a 3rd grader.
I don't ring those things I just knock and go on my way.I will still ring the regular doorbells.

DriverNerd

I usually knock very very softly. I wouldn't wanna wake up a baby that just laid down for a nap, even though I just backed my loud ass truck into the driveway while honking the horn like a retarded 7 year old.

I ring doorbells except between 11 and 3 for this very reason. I have kids and although they don't take naps anymore, I remember how upset I used to be when someone rang the doorbell and woke them up. I knock instead. Though when you have your own route, you tend to learn who has kids and how young they are and you can adjust accordingly.

Over 70

I ring doorbells except between 11 and 3 for this very reason. I have kids and although they don't take naps anymore, I remember how upset I used to be when someone rang the doorbell and woke them up. I knock instead. Though when you have your own route, you tend to learn who has kids and how young they are and you can adjust accordingly.

I disconnected the wire to my doorbell. Problem solved....

I ring and knock every time unless there's a note asking not to. Standard methods.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1212.JPG

Ever get one like this?????

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Now that I know that the Ring dealios are motion activated, I set the package down and then do the exaggerated point to the package for the benefit of the camera. Then I spend the rest of the day snikkering.

Sometimes, I am a 3rd grader.
Customer caught one of our guys yesterday on one of those throwing a LL Bean bag at the door like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.

Cameras are everywhere.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wasn't very good with cranky customers. I told them to ship Fedex.

I'd got talked to by management about that one time and I told him My parents taught me not to take crap from anyone.

I'd be nice at first and if that didn't work then I'd stop being nice.
Stripper/Feeder Driver/Package Car driver. Where do you find the time?