Jane Union - special treatment

Do women receive special treatment at your workplace?

• Total voters

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Pretty much all the guys I've come across who bitch about women getting treated better at work are guys who have issues with women in general anyway. They also tend to be the guys are just constantly bitching about everything.

Well, it depends on how the girls look.
Pretty much all the guys I've come across who bitch about women getting treated better at work are guys who have issues with women in general anyway. They also tend to be the guys are just constantly bitching about everything.

And all the supervisors I've come across that have given women preferential treatments are all pervs and look like they couldn't get laid even if they won the lottery. Hehe.

browntroll

woman in my hub are normally in small sort, preload, clerks or scanning in the unload. i see it as more of a management move since i cant
say i have seen any woman in my hub that would be willing to unload as fast as the guys. i say willing because i have had to "help" a few in preload
that "couldnt"(didnt even try) to lift 50lbs packages. one driver told me next time to let them pick up the boxes themselves they signed the contract
like everyone else to be able to lift up to 70lbs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have noticed women in the workplace, specifically bargaining unit, treated differently than my brothers (not in a negative way). It has been my observation that they are shown favoritism.

Please share your experiences.
ChickenLegs,

I have not observed this problem in the building that I have been in but by policy there is no place for favoritism in corporate America.

What have you noticed?

Please be specific and detailed regarding each suspected incidence of favoritism you believe to have witnessed.

General statements about things like this do little without knowing what, when, who and why the decisions of perceived favoritism were made.

Sincerely,
I

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have unloaded trailers. I have had big strong looking guys who work out daily, walk out of un loading and quit after 1/2 hour. It depends on the person.
Women including myself get no preferential treatment . We are all dispatched according to a route number. We are all just numbers.
I can lift 70 pds, always could. I can lift 150 if I have to. The Good Lord gave me a strong back.
The ones I see get preferential treatment are the brownies. Or the whiners. Such as the 10 who called off during our latest historic cold snap, with temps well below 0. And thanks to those team players, we all had to work longer.
Will they be disciplined? They were all but one, men? Same ones who called off the two days after Christmas>
No it will slide, they are the runners.

Notretiredyet

We have a few ladies that drive in our center and all but one work as hard as any of the guys. But the most recent one hired can run 3-4 stops and hour and 4 hrs over on a daily basis and never get pulled in the office about production. In fact she was the only driver to make seniority running overallowed by more than an hour in all my years at UPS. We all wonder what the real story is with her, especially the other ladies that get hassled when they have a bad day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The only thing I've realized and seen is that there is an unwritten rule not to bump a female in a bidded position. I've seen a couple people looked down on by fellow drivers because he took her route. Not that there is anything wrong with what they did, but just seems to be an unspoken practice.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most of the female drivers I knew were treated the same as the men but a couple definitely were given special treatment.

oldngray

nowhere special
For years almost every woman hired in my building was "manly" because of a woman in HR liked that type. It did change eventually to more feminine women.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
What have you noticed?

Please be specific and detailed regarding each suspected incidence of favoritism you believe to have witnessed.

General statements about things like this do little without knowing what, when, who and why the decisions of perceived favoritism were made.

I have to be vague...

There was a female who had a job created for her after certain circumstances. My brothers (with the same circumstances) were not given this opportunity.

I have also observed females who do not get harassed for the same nonsense the males do.