Jane Union - special treatment

Do women receive special treatment at your workplace?

• Total voters

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
It has also come to my attention that the birthing hips of said females have nothing to do with it. It seems they are all treated with favoritism to meet and keep their diversity policy numbers.

C

chuchu

Every employee should be required to adhere to the qualifications of the specific job they were hired to do. No exceptions. Period. (No pun intended)

rod

Retired 22 years
In the 27 years that I have been driving, I have not seen any favoritism given to the female drivers in our building. Nor have I seen any of our women expecting preferential treatment.

Don't you work out of a satellite center by yourself?

Pretty much all the guys I've come across who bitch about women getting treated better at work are guys who have issues with women in general anyway. They also tend to be the guys are just constantly bitching about everything.

Essentially becoming what they dislike.

The only thing I've realized and seen is that there is an unwritten rule not to bump a female in a bidded position. I've seen a couple people looked down on by fellow drivers because he took her route. Not that there is anything wrong with what they did, but just seems to be an unspoken practice.

TFS Seniority is seniority.

Are the women allowed to bump a guy off a route? There ya go.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did have a bulk stop get put on me once from the route next to me that had a gal for the bid driver. This bulk stop started getting a bunch of oversized irregs every day, 80-100 lbs, that were a real problem for her to deal with. I am 6-2 and 260, she was 5 foot zero on her tiptoes and maybe 105 lbs soaking wet. It was never discussed; it just happened. To be fair, she was a hard worker who was always willing to help out, and they wound up giving her a couple of pain in the ass apartment complexes off of my route in "exchange" so it wound up being a reasonably fair deal for both of us. And in her case it wasnt so much about gender as it was about her small size; I was simply better suited for that particular work.

over9five

Staff member
I did have a bulk stop get put on me once from the route next to me that had a gal for the bid driver. This bulk stop started getting a bunch of oversized irregs every day, 80-100 lbs, that were a real problem for her to deal with. I am 6-2 and 260, she was 5 foot zero on her tiptoes and maybe 105 lbs soaking wet. It was never discussed; it just happened. To be fair, she was a hard worker who was always willing to help out, and they wound up giving her a couple of pain in the ass apartment complexes off of my route in "exchange" so it wound up being a reasonably fair deal for both of us. And in her case it wasnt so much about gender as it was about her small size; I was simply better suited for that particular work.

I think you just defined preferential treatment. I doubt that exchange would have happened had it been a small male driver.