January 2008 Promotion / Undisclosed Pension Change

A. Wrench

Looking for Partners promoted in 2008 that were either unaware that the UPS Pension Plan ended for those of us promoted after 12/31/2007 or were just flat out lied to about the changes. I belong to the latter group. There has to be a large group of us out there. HR will not speak to the subject... not for 10 years anyway. All I have ever asked them to do is explain how it is perfectly acceptable to them that my District HR manager answered all of my questions and concerns in December of 2007 with a complete pile of lies and that is OK? Almost 10 years with the company at the time with years split between two unions and I would have chosen to just throw away what could have been a really good Teamster pension for a 401K? No sane person would make that decision if they had been informed. Would like to hear from those of you that have had the same experience. Pretending that it didn't happen like they have done for years just isn't working. Have never posted here or even been on the site... however this is one dirty little UPS secret that needs to be known.

Karma...

Thats a shame that the defined pension was terminated for those class of people....The way it was explained was that it was due to those nasty employee surveys indicating that the younger people would rather have an enhanced 401k plan in lieu of a defined pension...hard to believe then and impossible to believe now...hindsight is spot on.......I dont know what enhancements were .....the next move would be the modified mip program....consider that supervisors didn't get mip until I believe around 1970.....its an ever-changing public company which started when turning public....I suggest that you talk with some of the older people for the depth of culture when we were actually Brown.........

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Looking for Partners promoted in 2008 that were either unaware that the UPS Pension Plan ended for those of us promoted after 12/31/2007 or were just flat out lied to about the changes. I belong to the latter group. There has to be a large group of us out there. HR will not speak to the subject... not for 10 years anyway. All I have ever asked them to do is explain how it is perfectly acceptable to them that my District HR manager answered all of my questions and concerns in December of 2007 with a complete pile of lies and that is OK? Almost 10 years with the company at the time with years split between two unions and I would have chosen to just throw away what could have been a really good Teamster pension for a 401K? No sane person would make that decision if they had been informed. Would like to hear from those of you that have had the same experience. Pretending that it didn't happen like they have done for years just isn't working. Have never posted here or even been on the site... however this is one dirty little UPS secret that needs to be known.

You could grieve it
Oh wait...

Karma...

let the buyer ( promoted ) beware.....as an aside......at one time when a person went into management ups would buy out that persons time in the union so that the persons retirement start date would be actual start date.....so the slate was clean.......this changed some time after going public to your union years you had to go to the union for your pension and your ups management years were to your management pension.....no straight shots.....again...you are on your own as is everybody...

542thruNthru

Thank god you left. You weren't fit to be a teamster anyways.
73e.gif

;)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It never fails to make me laugh loudly when people refer to going into Management as being "Promoted" .That's just plain funny,I dont care who you are

oldngray

nowhere special
It never fails to make me laugh loudly when people refer to going into Management as being "Promoted" .That's just plain funny,I dont care who you are
A driver with years in would take a cut in pay to go into management. A promotion? Not to mention the longer hours and getting treated like dirt.