Job posted: Courier/DOT Driver 3PM-10PM

vantexan

Where do you get your physicals? I need to start going there.
When I first got hired at 24 my physical was given to me by a beautiful female doctor who was maybe 30-32. I was in a hospital gown, open in back. She dimmed the lights, stood behind me very closely, left hand on my left hip, right hand slid through gown around me to check my groin for hernias. To this day the best physical I ever got.

Express Courier

When I first got hired at 24 my physical was given to me by a beautiful female doctor who was maybe 30-32. I was in a hospital gown, open in back. She dimmed the lights, stood behind me very closely, left hand on my left hip, right hand slid through gown around me to check my groin for hernias. To this day the best physical I ever got.
tenor.gif

floridays

Someone is missing the Mrs. I wager there will be a precautionary hernia check in the very near future. Be sure to wash the hands.

cosis

Evening shift gets more hours than AM in my station. Today and yesterday combined I worked 4.5 hours. Not sure how I will make the 17.5 hour minimum.

outtatime

Evening shift gets more hours than AM in my station. Today and yesterday combined I worked 4.5 hours. Not sure how I will make the 17.5 hour minimum.
Uhhh...the 17.5 minimum is how much they have to pay you, not how many you have to work. Basically you'll be getting free money.

Oldfart

In the middle of prime vacation season and a station is paying minimum. Sounds like poor management. They hire too many people at the station so many of their headaches go away. The employees suffer with no hours.

cosis

Yes they are currently having problems getting pickup drivers hours too in the evening. Had 3 guys today work 2 hours and go home in the AM.

MassWineGuy

This thread has a few really disgusting entries. Back to the o.p., I think pm is a good shift to have. Not necessarily better than am, but different. Fewer managers around and little if any delivery pressure. I work 3 to about 8:30.

vantexan

In the middle of prime vacation season and a station is paying minimum. Sounds like poor management. They hire too many people at the station so many of their headaches go away. The employees suffer with no hours.
OK, who snatched Oldfart's brain and replaced it with a typical courier's brain?

Oldfart

Yeah I know.. management is usually on top of the 17.5. I may end up cleaning toilets to make my minimum
My station very rarely pays minimum. My SM theory is you might not go on the road but our warehouse will be the cleanest and most organized around.

SmithBarney

DOT a doctor grabs your balls and you get a piece of paper. I never understood the ball grab btw. We had a doctor we used for like 10 years that never did the ball grab he just pushed where a probable hernia would be and asked if all was good. Lady we mostly use now has your balls in hand within 10 seconds of walking in the door.

PS DOT physical doesn't require a hernia check...Never had one when I was DOT, the only ones I get are from my regular annual with the family doctor seems the good doc has been getting free feelies..

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

Last edited: