Job posted: Courier/DOT Driver 3PM-10PM

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Evening shift gets more hours than AM in my station. Today and yesterday combined I worked 4.5 hours. Not sure how I will make the 17.5 hour minimum.
Always happens in the last 2-3 months of the fiscal year. Corporate has to make the books look good for Wall Street.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I was applying for handler in the Hub. She checked.
She handled ya to see if you could handle being a handler - but she was messin’ with the wrong apparatus. She should’ve been sticking a large shaft up your Tootsie Roll tunnel without benefit of any sort of lubricant.

vantexan

She handled ya to see if you could handle being a handler - but she was messin’ with the wrong apparatus. She should’ve been sticking a large shaft up your Tootsie Roll tunnel without benefit of any sort of lubricant.
That would've violated her Hippocratic oath. :)

How does hiring work at Fedex? Do they usually bring in 5 or 6 people to interview for one job? How long do they take to respond to an application?

McFeely

Huge Member
How does hiring work at Fedex? Do they usually bring in 5 or 6 people to interview for one job? How long do they take to respond to an application?

When I was hired it was one applicant at a time for a pretty short interview (30min?). I had a phone call the next day saying to expect a job offer pending my background check came back clean. Job offer came and I was off to do my DOT physical.

From my interview to my first day was about 3 weeks total including the background check and physical.

cosis

When I was hired it was one applicant at a time for a pretty short interview (30min?). I had a phone call the next day saying to expect a job offer pending my background check came back clean. Job offer came and I was off to do my DOT physical.

From my interview to my first day was about 3 weeks total including the background check and physical.

Mine was similar minus the DOT physical

SmithBarney

It Varies, I've seen a line out the door 30+ applicants for a single position.(most hiring/interviewing is usually handled outside of the actual location, but everywhere is different) I've heard of people getting hired and working the next day after background check. I've also heard of people getting interviewed in the beginning of summer, but not actually brought in til nearly the end of summer, a few of these people gave up and started other jobs(then get a call months later) because FDX wouldn't give any information regarding the position.

Nolimitz

Went thru a job service interview with FedEx recruiter w/ 60+ apps for 5 positions. Most could not remember where they lived 5 years ago. What a cluster friend that was.

Route 66

Went thru a job service interview with FedEx recruiter w/ 60+ apps for 5 positions. Most could not remember where they lived 5 years ago. What a cluster friend that was.
That’s what drugs’ll do to ya.

Drugs are bad - don’t do drugs!

I think I’m going to copyright that slogan.

Route 66

That was some rather odd journalism there.

“Gindi was taken to NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue and was not expected to die, a police source said.”

Mm-kaay

dezguy

That was some rather odd journalism there.

“Gindi was taken to NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue and was not expected to die, a police source said.”

Mm-kaay
I was going to say!

I just thought you guys had a different reporting style than up here, where they would have said the man was taken to hospital in stable condition and the injuries were considered non life threatening.

Ok, well just got a call from Fedex. The lady asked me 3 questions asking if I had any relatives who were mangers, if I was ok working outside in cold and hot weather, and if it was the correct job. She said the hiring manager manager would call in the next 5-7 days. What happens next? I'm assuming a phone interview and then schedule an in person interview?

My last job interview was for a courier person at Quest Diagnostics. It was a 3 person panel interview... I thought I did well until they told me they would let me know, I was only the 2nd of 10 people to be interviewed for it. Was pretty annoying. It will be interesting to see how many people wanna work the 3-10 shift.

Route 66

I was going to say!

I just thought you guys had a different reporting style than up here, where they would have said the man was taken to hospital in stable condition and the injuries were considered non life threatening.
Yup! Even the way it starts off with
“An enraged FedEx worker stabbed another man” sounds like sloppy 9th grade journalism. Hell, peytonmanning could’ve probably written it better.