Job salary

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because no one wants to do it.
You love saying crap like this, but it only reinforces you have no idea what you're talking about. There are 4 ORS positions posted right now for the entire company. There is a steady stream of people going into management, people want the job. It's Joe Union boys who love to proclaim nobody wants it. Well no crap, you aren't the target audience anyways.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You love saying crap like this, but it only reinforces you have no idea what you're talking about. There are 4 ORS positions posted right now for the entire company. There is a steady stream of people going into management, people want the job. It's Joe Union boys who love to proclaim nobody wants it. Well no crap, you aren't the target audience anyways.
I have no idea what I'm talking about? We had another one quit two days ago. Just because you can bait the hook and snag them doesn't mean they'll stay around. But then again, what do I know about a center in which we have no ORS that have been in management over 1 year. None of which came from driving.

It's like saying everyone is lined up out the building to apply for PT package handler, yet they turn them over like mad when they actually start the job. Under your logic, that is a highly desirable job that everyone wants.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have no idea what I'm talking about? We had another one quit two days ago. Just because you can bait the hook and snag them doesn't mean they'll stay around. But then again, what do I know about a center in which we have no ORS that have been in management over 1 year. None of which came from driving.

It's like saying everyone is lined up out the building to apply for PT package handler, yet they turn them over like mad when they actually start the job. Under your logic, that is a highly desirable job that everyone wants.
part timers walk out on their shifts at my place

J92

I forgot to ask a while back ago....what does ORS stand for?

clerkin

Anyone know the salary of an on road supervisor and feeder supervisor?
Management is notoriously secretive about their salaries. Only a couple of "partners" come to this forum. One is very young and the other one just takes jabs at hourlies and has a bad case of the little man syndrome. You might want to talk to someone in HR or ask someone who has the same job. Good luck with that, too.

HR won’t even know that’s how secretive it is anymore

clerkin

Anyone know the salary of an on road supervisor and feeder supervisor?
Management is notoriously secretive about their salaries. Only a couple of "partners" come to this forum. One is very young and the other one just takes jabs at hourlies and has a bad case of the little man syndrome. You might want to talk to someone in HR or ask someone who has the same job. Good luck with that, too.
Yes. They are different.
No. Package and feeder on road sup are the same pay grade. You're managing FT union employees in both positions. However, 2 individuals in that grade can vary quite a bit.

Wrong both are different pay grades if a hub ft sup goes to package on road sup that’s considered a promotion, and if a package on road sup goes to a feeder on road sup that’s considered a promotion. Ups considers supervisor pay grades based on the pay of the employees they supervise... with that being said plenty of drivers make more than their supervisors because of overtime and mileage runs..

dudebro

Wrong both are different pay grades if a hub ft sup goes to package on road sup that’s considered a promotion, and if a package on road sup goes to a feeder on road sup that’s considered a promotion. Ups considers supervisor pay grades based on the pay of the employees they supervise... with that being said plenty of drivers make more than their supervisors because of overtime and mileage runs..
Hub to on car yes. On car to feeder, no. Same grade. Believe whatever you want to believe, but a 20F is a 20F.

25TOLIFE

The last on car I had before I retired (2015) told me he was getting $55k salary, no stock and I'm not even sure if they gave him any medical benefits. They were getting fairly new drivers that still had a way to go until top pay. Some couldn't hack driving so they jumped at it. I just saw this particular guy working at Dicks sporting goods while Xmas shopping a few weeks ago.

brownIEman

The last on car I had before I retired (2015) told me he was getting $55k salary, no stock and I'm not even sure if they gave him any medical benefits. They were getting fairly new drivers that still had a way to go until top pay. Some couldn't hack driving so they jumped at it. I just saw this particular guy working at Dicks sporting goods while Xmas shopping a few weeks ago.

Your last on car was not being honest with you most likely. $55K, possibly if he was brand new and in a low cost of living area. Unless he really sucked and his boss wanted to make an example of him, he would get awarded MIP every year. And all full time management get medical coverage. According to glassceiling unless the guy was managing the store he was making way less than $55K at Dick's. Maybe he was let go?

dudebro

True, all of this is way off but he wants to believe it so...