Jobs

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wonder how many closed down plants & factories Obama rode past on his way to his "job speech" in Holland Michigan??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Holland Michigan has experienced lots of closings....
Bass Shoe Factory Outlet
Heinz Pickle Factory
Sligh Clock Manufacturer
Sligh Furniture phasing out
Klompendancer's Wooden Shoe Factory,( in business 73 years) to close
Haworth Office Furniture....trimming 350 production jobs
Pfizer factory closed & handed over to M.S.U.
Baker Furniture closed...one of the last furniture makers.... furniture makers move now to N.C.

This may not seem like much, but Holland is a town of only 33,053 people (2010 census) I thought San Clemente was small, but at 63,522, we're almost double Holland's size.

If I was a resident, I sure wouldn't go see the prez. He's done nothing for jobs IMO.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Holland Michigan has experienced lots of closings....
Bass Shoe Factory Outlet
Heinz Pickle Factory
Sligh Clock Manufacturer
Sligh Furniture phasing out
Klompendancer's Wooden Shoe Factory,( in business 73 years) to close
Haworth Office Furniture....trimming 350 production jobs
Pfizer factory closed & handed over to M.S.U.
Baker Furniture closed...one of the last furniture makers.... furniture makers move now to N.C.

This may not seem like much, but Holland is a town of only 33,053 people (2010 census) I thought San Clemente was small, but at 63,522, we're almost double Holland's size.

If I was a resident, I sure wouldn't go see the prez. He's done nothing for jobs IMO.

Moreluck, do a fact check and see how many Walmarts opened in these areas and how they impacted these businesses. Oh thats right, you wont.

peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Moreluck, do a fact check and see how many Walmarts opened in these areas and how they impacted these businesses. Oh thats right, you wont.

peace.

Why? Does Walmart make pickles, make and sell custom furniture, make drugs, and sell custom made shoes? Do you own homework which you FAILED at.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why? Does Walmart make pickles, make and sell custom furniture, make drugs, and sell custom made shoes? Do you own homework which you FAILED at.

NO lucifer, they IMPORT THEM TO OUR CITIES FROM CHINA AND SELL THEM CHEAPER THAN AMERICAN COMPANIES CAN MAKE THEM>

Understand the difference?

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
Is this good enough ?

Wal-Mart knocks out many local businesses, economist Kenneth Stone discovered when he surveyed Iowa during the company’s first decade there starting in the 1980s. Between 1983 and 1993, Wal-Mart opened around 45 stores in Iowa. During that period, the state lost 555 grocery stores, 88 department stores, 298 hardware stores, 444 apparel shops, 293 building supply stores, and 511 other retail outlets -- as much as 43 percent of some categories of retail stores. More recently, a team from Loyola University found that 82 out of 306 businesses within a four-mile radius of Chicago’s first Wal-Mart failed since the giant retailer opened in 2006, eliminating an estimated 300 jobs.

(reminder, that's only until 1993 - no Obama back then ) !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is this good enough ?

Wal-Mart knocks out many local businesses, economist Kenneth Stone discovered when he surveyed Iowa during the company’s first decade there starting in the 1980s. Between 1983 and 1993, Wal-Mart opened around 45 stores in Iowa. During that period, the state lost 555 grocery stores, 88 department stores, 298 hardware stores, 444 apparel shops, 293 building supply stores, and 511 other retail outlets -- as much as 43 percent of some categories of retail stores. More recently, a team from Loyola University found that 82 out of 306 businesses within a four-mile radius of Chicago’s first Wal-Mart failed since the giant retailer opened in 2006, eliminating an estimated 300 jobs.

(reminder, that's only until 1993 - no Obama back then ) !

AND THEIR PRODUCT IS..........................???? They are not a manufacturing or shovel ready job!!!

klein

But the local furniture manufacturing plant, or tool plant, etc, supplied the other retail stores with goods..... I guess you still don't get it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
But the local furniture manufacturing plant, or tool plant, etc, supplied the other retail stores with goods..... I guess you still don't get it.

I understand that manufacture means to make something.....make a product......If you want to call Walmart a manufacturer, then so be it.

klein

Okay, I'll make it easy for you now ! :

How many goods "Made in America" does Walmart sell , compared to other retailers (which some of them went bk and closed up) ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Years ago, Wal-mart used the made in America as a promotional slogan.
However almost every manufactured good says China today.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Fed Up: A Texas Bank Is Calling It Quits
Main Street Bank lends most of its money to small businesses and is earning decent profits. Nearly all of Main Street's $175 million loan portfolio has gone to customers like dentists, owners of fast-food franchises and delivery-truck drivers, who use the loans to purchase equipment. The bank's average loan size is $100,000 to customers who have less than $1 million in annual revenue. The bank has earned nearly $11 million in the past year. But the Kingwood, Texas, bank is about to get out of the banking business.

In an extreme example of the frustration felt by many bankers as regulators toughen their oversight of the nation's financial institutions, Main Street's chairman, Thomas Depping, is expected to announce Wednesday that the 27-year-old bank will surrender its banking charter and sell its four branches to a nearby bank.

Mr. Depping's new company, called Ascentium Capital, will be backed by Vulcan and a group of investors led by an investment arm of Luther King Capital Management, based in Fort Worth, Texas.
The new entity won't be regulated and won't be able to offer federal deposit insurance—but doesn't want to attract deposits, Mr. Depping says. The new firm is being capitalized with $75 million of equity and a $250 million financing facility led by UBS. Mr. Depping says he wants to ultimately increase the loan portfolio to $500 million.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
White House, EPA ignore Small Business Admin’s report that new coal regulations will kill jobs, economy[/h]One Southern Indiana Chamber of Commerce vice president, Tonya Fischer, told The Daily Caller the entire state of Indiana would be “devastated” by these regulations. “We are definitely in opposition to [the MACT regulations] because it would be devastating for the state of Indiana.” She adds that local businesses, which are struggling with the tough economy already, would be forced to pick up the extra energy production costs Obama’s EPA is pushing. “We get 95 percent of our electricity from coal.”
“The cost to convert those facilities would be passed on to the small business owners, or basically shut them [the coal energy producing facilities] down altogether,” Fischer said. “It would become cost-prohibitive for them [local businesses] to continue paying their electricity bills.”
If the EPA regulations aren’t halted, Fischer expects unemployment numbers in Indiana to skyrocket.
“This has got to affect tens of thousands of important]jobs in the area because, not only would you lose the employees from the coal facilities, the plants themselves would become more streamlined so you’d lose jobs there and, of course, the small and local businesses.”