Jobs

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I found jobs supported by the US Gov't.....................
U.S. Government Loaning $500M for Solar Power Projects—In India

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's all Obama does......feeds money to other countries to create jobs for their citizens............America just gets to look at the leader in a black bus......I call it "canned jerky".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has listed the Pagosa skyrocket as endangered. The other two flowers, the Parachute beardtongue and the DeBeque phacelia, are listed as threatened. The latter two grow only in northwestern Colorado, which is also home to the 200-square-mile Roan Plateau atop massive reserves of natural gas, as well as oil in the form of oil shale.
Kathleen Sgamma of Western Energy Alliance :

“By 2020 we could produce as much oil and natural gas in the West as we currently import from Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Algeria and Nigeria combined,” she said, but “we’re adding more regulation and slowing the development of American energy, preventing us from reaching our full potential and creating jobs and economic development across the West.”
Sgamma also charges that listings of these flowers are based on bad science provided by an environmental group whose intent is to slow or stop energy development at all costs.
Our rulers aren’t pro-nature. They are anti-us.
http://moonbattery.com/

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has listed the Pagosa skyrocket as endangered. The other two flowers, the Parachute beardtongue and the DeBeque phacelia, are listed as threatened. The latter two grow only in northwestern Colorado, which is also home to the 200-square-mile Roan Plateau atop massive reserves of natural gas, as well as oil in the form of oil shale.
Kathleen Sgamma of Western Energy Alliance :
“By 2020 we could produce as much oil and natural gas in the West as we currently import from Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Algeria and Nigeria combined,” she said, but “we’re adding more regulation and slowing the development of American energy, preventing us from reaching our full potential and creating jobs and economic development across the West.”
Sgamma also charges that listings of these flowers are based on bad science provided by an environmental group whose intent is to slow or stop energy development at all costs.
Our rulers aren’t pro-nature. They are anti-us.
http://moonbattery.com/

Parachute beardtongue and the DeBeque phacelia: Google images shows the exact same picture with both these names. I wonder if anyone has tried to transplant any of these.

av8torntn

We're all better off if they (Congressmen) are on vacation and Obama too. We're safer that way!
:wink2:

No doubt we'd all be better off if they just left us alone but to say that the US House is on vacation shows a lack of understanding of Congress. People forget that members of the House are supposed to travel from the home district to DC to debate and cast votes on bills to represent the people of the district. The job is not to leave your district and stay in DC forever.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I beg to differ.
We have several Congressman who own homes around DC and live there year round.
They only come back to their districts during re-election time.

The congressman for my district come home on a regular basis and meets with various groups depending on what is going on in the district. He has offices in all the bigger cities in the district as well, with staffers to answer questions, look into issues and do leg work that he can't do while in dc.

Not long ago we were having a problem in getting my wife's passport back the only helpful thing I could get out of the Dept of State was advice to call my congressman. I called his local office and twp days later had the passport in the mail box. The congressman really didn't do anything, but his people called the right person to get the job done. The congressman was in DC at the time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thousands Camp Out for Job Fair as Jobless Rate Rises
Two more For the People Jobs Initiative fairs are set to take place in Miami and Los Angeles later this month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

unemployed-in-line-for-rations.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Times Square Breadline: The highly industrialized cities of the North were the first to feel the full effects of the Great Depression. (Photo Credit: Bettmann/CORBIS)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama signed an executive order Thursday directing federal officials to design a government-wide strategy for making the federal workforce more diverse.
The three-page order directs the head of the Office of Personnel Management, a deputy director at the Office of Management and Budget, the President’s Management Council and the chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to develop the strategy within 90 days. Agencies then have 120 days to work the plan into their hiring and recruiting.
An Office of Personnel Management report says that in fiscal year 2010, the federal workforce was 66.2 percent white, 17.7 percent black, 8 percent Hispanic, 5.6 percent Asian/Pacific Islander and 1.8 percent Native American. It was 56.1 percent male.
Obama is planning to unveil job creation proposals next month. Some black lawmakers and leaders have criticized him for not directly addressing unemployment among blacks.
Blacks and Hispanics have been hit hard by the recession and are suffering unemployment rates of 15.6 percent and 11.3 percent respectively, higher than the 9.1 percent national average.
Ben Jealous, president of the NAACP, said fighting job discrimination is as important for minorities as job creation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Briefing Room) — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I) said Friday that the “single biggest” thing President Obama can do right now to spur job creation in the United States is to allow more immigration.
“Most importantly, we want to get immigrants from around the world to come to America,” Bloomberg said in an interview with the “CBS Early Show.”
“That’s the single biggest thing that the president could do with Congress, is open up the borders to those that will create jobs here.”
He told CBS that immigrants “don’t take away jobs” but rather they create jobs for people already living in the United States.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]When an American Company Redomiciles to the Cayman Islands, What Lesson Should We Learn?[/h]Another American company has decided to expatriate for tax reasons. This process has been going on for decades, with companies giving up their U.S. charters (a form of business citizenship) and redomiciling in low-tax jurisdictions such as Bermuda, Ireland, Switzerland, Panama, Hong Kong, and the Cayman Islands.
The companies that choose to expatriate usually fit a certain profile (this applies to individuals as well). They earn a substantial share of their income in other countries and they are put at a competitive disadvantage because of America’s “worldwide” tax system.
More specifically, worldwide taxation requires firms to not only pay tax to foreign governments on their foreign-source income, but they are also supposed to pay additional tax on this income to the IRS – even though the money was not earned in America and even though their foreign-based competitors rarely are subject to this type of double taxation.
In this most recent example, an energy company with substantial operations in Asia moved its charter to the Cayman Islands, as reported by digitaljournal.com.

Greenfields Petroleum Corporation…, an independent exploration and production company with assets in Azerbaijan, is pleased to announce that the previously announced corporate redomestication…from Delaware to the Cayman Islands has been successfully completed.
Because it is a small firm, the move by GPC probably won’t attract much attention from the politicians. But “corporate expatriation” has generated considerable controversy in recent years when involving big companies such as Ingersoll-Rand, Transocean, and Stanley Works (now Stanley Black & Decker).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your post mentioned Delaware as the former home of GPC. I have also noticed that most major credit card companies are domiciled in either Delaware or S. Dakota. What is it about these states that companies flock to set up shop there?