Judiciary Committee Impeachment Hearings

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched 'crybaby' Schumer this morning. He could be a New York Housewife with his expert 'pot-stirring'!! What a wimp!

Box Ox

'Borat' Director Larry Charles Warns of Deadly Riots if Trump Remains in Office
The Seinfeld director Larry Charles seems sure that if President Donald Trump is not impeached, riots will break out across the country. ( just like in India )

The Democrats decided they didn't have enough evidence for a bribery charge and didn't want to wait for the courts to compel Administration members to testify before the House. Which may have produced additional evidence.

I'm glad that in America, evidence is still required to make a strong case when an individual is accused of having done something. Especially when I think the accused is a total :censored2:. It's all about what you can prove. I think Trump totally did it. But that doesn't matter. This isn't @rickyb 's gulag-filled communist wet dream.

I guess any rioters would feel differently.

rickyb

The Democrats decided they didn't have enough evidence for a bribery charge and didn't want to wait for the courts to compel Administration members to testify before the House. Which may have produced additional evidence.

I'm glad that in America, evidence is still required to make a strong case when an individual is accused of having done something. Especially when I think the accused is a total :censored2:. It's all about what you can prove. I think Trump totally did it. But that doesn't matter. This isn't @rickyb 's gulag-filled communist wet dream.

I guess any rioters would feel differently.
donald trump is the most impeachable president in US history. he was impeachable on day one. democrats are only doing anything now because he went after one of their "chosen ones" joe biden.

Box Ox

donald trump is the most impeachable president in US history.

Presidential impeachments may become a routine thing now that a high crime or misdemeanor charge doesn’t actually have to be included to vote on articles of impeachment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Republicans re-take the House and decide to cook something up because they don’t like a Democratic President.

I don’t like Trump either but think impeachment articles against him that don’t include a bribery charge are like a stud horse with no nuts. Just isn’t going to work out well.

The House should have censured Trump and moved on.

rickyb

Presidential impeachments may become a routine thing now that a high crime or misdemeanor charge doesn’t actually have to be included to vote on articles of impeachment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Republicans re-take the House and decide to cook something up because they don’t like a Democratic President.

I don’t like Trump either but think impeachment articles against him that don’t include a bribery charge are like a stud horse with no nuts. Just isn’t going to work out well.

The House should have censured Trump and moved on.
sounds like you know more than i do. im not into specifics. democrats are corrupt and cant be counted on at all to uphold the rule of law.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
donald trump is the most impeachable president in US history. he was impeachable on day one. democrats are only doing anything now because he went after one of their "chosen ones" joe biden.
Basically every single president would be impeachable under Democrats' ridiculous articles of impeachment.

These Democrats are proving to be one of the biggest threats to democracy in our country's history.

bacha29

both parties are.
The charges against Trump are made more serious by the Reps impeachment of Clinton for cheating on his old lady and tried to lie his way around it. Remember what Congressman Lindsay Graham said when he presented the articles of impeachment to the Senate. "there doesn't need to be a crime committed in order to cleanse the office".
The focus of Republican rebuttal today is not a denial of what Trump did but rather an attempt to portray him as a victim as well as to demonize the Democrats for voting for impeachment. The fact that Trump is trying to play king by not going before Congress along with his subordinates instead ignoring congressional subpoena's and ordering his subordinates not to speak is why congress is doing what it is doing today.

If he would have done so thereby demonstrating to the American people that nobody is above the law including himself he would have bagged himself a second term virtually uncontested and congress would likely have let him off easy.

If his acquittal emboldens him to continue behaving in his current fashion look for Romney to launch a bid to take the nomination from Trump with enough support from Republican moderates to gain enough delegates to make the convention anything but it's usual coronation .

vantexan

The charges against Trump are made more serious by the Reps impeachment of Clinton for cheating on his old lady and tried to lie his way around it. Remember what Congressman Lindsay Graham said when he presented the articles of impeachment to the Senate. "there doesn't need to be a crime committed in order to cleanse the office".
The focus of Republican rebuttal today is not a denial of what Trump did but rather an attempt to portray him as a victim as well as to demonize the Democrats for voting for impeachment. The fact that Trump is trying to play king by not going before Congress along with his subordinates instead ignoring congressional subpoena's and ordering his subordinates not to speak is why congress is doing what it is doing today.

If he would have done so thereby demonstrating to the American people that nobody is above the law including himself he would have bagged himself a second term virtually uncontested and congress would likely have let him off easy.

If his acquittal emboldens him to continue behaving in his current fashion look for Romney to launch a bid to take the nomination from Trump with enough support from Republican moderates to gain enough delegates to make the convention anything but it's usual coronation .
That's nuts. Pelosi said a couple of days ago that she had been working on impeachment for 2.5 years. They've been talking about impeachment since the election. Way to go Democrats, we can now all stand around and eat bananas.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Democrats lost the 2016 election and immediately called that voting had been tamped with, but they won in 2018 and no such claims were made. Now they know that 2020 isn't going to be kind to them and they are looking for a way to change the outcome in advance.

newfie

you actually believe this nonsense or are you spinning for the dems?

newfie

from what i've seen of the so called debate there needs to be a fat check panel to rebut every congressmans speech. both sides are spinning their sides story and thus misrepresenting the truth.

i think if i was the minority leader i would have put an immediate motion on the floor to skip the six hours of reindeer games and take an immediate vote. nothing will change after six hours of all this hot air.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Once the riots start, a nice plan would be to make useless as many of those militant anti-fascist groups as possible.

from what i've seen of the so called debate there needs to be a fat check panel to rebut every congressmans speech. both sides are spinning their sides story and thus misrepresenting the truth.

i think if i was the minority leader i would have put an immediate motion on the floor to skip the six hours of reindeer games and take an immediate vote. nothing will change after six hours of all this hot air.

Nothing will change. Trump will still be guilty and vindicated by a partisan Kangaroo Court. Why not have Bolton and Mulvaney testify and clear it all up, once and for all?