July 5th

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our SM just told us in a meeting that he got an email last night saying we will be closed July 5th. They must’ve gotten a ton of backlash. Either way....Wahoo!!

El Morado Diablo

Our SM just told us in a meeting that he got an email last night saying we will be closed July 5th. They must’ve gotten a ton of backlash. Either way....Wahoo!!

We were also told we were working on July 5th after our vacation bidding had started.

Many phone calls to HR and the solution was those who had bid that week off wouldn't have to work. In addition, anyone who had already planned travel or made child care arrangements could have the day off. This, combined with some more openings caused by people quitting would have left us very short-handed.

Que Thursday's morning meeting -- they changed their mind and we will now be closed July 5th.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were also told we were working on July 5th after our vacation bidding had started.

Many phone calls to HR and the solution was those who had bid that week off wouldn't have to work. In addition, anyone who had already planned travel or made child care arrangements could have the day off. This, combined with some more openings caused by people quitting would have left us very short-handed.

Que Thursday's morning meeting -- they changed their mind and we will now be closed July 5th.
The whole whole thing has been so disorganized and unprofessional, if you ask me.

McFeely

Huge Member
The whole whole thing has been so disorganized and unprofessional, if you ask me.

When I mentioned it directly to a manager, I was called out in a meeting for spreading a rumor.
This is exact why I didn’t even mention it to coworkers, and went straight to the person doing the vacation bidding. 😑

Stat41

When I mentioned it directly to a manager, I was called out in a meeting for spreading a rumor.
To quote Fedex.com "Open Door Process provides employees with direct access to management to share input, comments and feedback for further consideration." I guess the door was closed in your case.

El Morado Diablo

A manager asked one of my co-workers where he was getting his information. When he said the FedEx Employees Facebook page the manager told him he hated social media because it made his job more difficult.

It may be our district, or our Sr Mgr, but we always hear things unofficially long before it's announced. It really seems to irritate them when we know about something before they have the chance to tell us themselves. It's happened so many times you think they'd learn and just pass the info along as soon as possible instead of acting like it's a state secret.

McFeely

Huge Member
A manager asked one of my co-workers where he was getting his information. When he said the FedEx Employees Facebook page the manager told him he hated social media because it made his job more difficult.

I didn't even mention Facebook to my manager. That's the sad part.

But I always take information gathered here and on Facebook with a grain of salt until I hear anything official and/or in writing. No sense in getting worked up about step progression, July 5, cameras in vehicles, etc. without any real proof about what is happening.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I didn't even mention Facebook to my manager. That's the sad part.

But I always take information gathered here and on Facebook with a grain of salt until I hear anything official and/or in writing. No sense in getting worked up about step progression, July 5, cameras in vehicles, etc. without any real proof about what is happening.
First thing out of my mouth is always, I saw on the FedEx Facebook page..... then follow up with, Is it true? My SM probably hates that. Lol.

NC man

Why keep things a secret if they know, we can’t do anything about it anyway.they said fri we were open and other higher level people had reported closed again. Does Memphis not tell everyone in mgmt lol