Just another costly FAIL!

HedleyLamarr

I don't think FedEx was really serious about this to begin with. They just were investing in it to impress investors with how "innovative" they are. It was all for looks. How long do you think one of these would last in the real world?

MAKAVELI

I don't think FedEx was really serious about this to begin with. They just were investing in it to impress investors with how "innovative" they are. It was all for looks. How long do you think one of these would last in the real world?
It didn't look impressive to begin with. Just an ice cooler with wheels.🙃

MAKAVELI

That's not what they were going for. They were going down the line of "OMG TESLA SELF DRIVING BUT WITH PACKAGES LOL OMG WE ARE SO TECH 2.0!!!!!"
Yeah, a million Roxos running Estar. That's Raj's wet dream.
happiness-laughing.gif

fedx

Extra Large Package

I remember them showing it off on some late night talk show to draw attention to it. That's when it's embarrassing. Drawing all this attention to it and then dropping it like a hot potato. Wait until you're ready to roll it out before you put it on TV. Also, I know that robot never would have worked out because people would have tipped it over just for the hell of it. Then it would have been laying on its side helpless on some sidewalk in some big city while bystanders snapped pics of it.

Star B

White Lightening
I remember them showing it off on some late night talk show to draw attention to it. That's when it's embarrassing. Drawing all this attention to it and then dropping it like a hot potato. Wait until you're ready to roll it out before you put it on TV. Also, I know that robot never would have worked out because people would have tipped it over just for the hell of it. Then it would have been laying on its side helpless on some sidewalk in some big city while bystanders snapped pics of it.
Amazon still hasn't really launched their delivery drone project and it's been, 10 years???

Star B

White Lightening
Can’t wait for E star to join this heap.
I'm telling you now, it won't go away -- not for a long time. Yes, some stations will roll back to ROADs for Peak but eventually you have to get over your love for the year 2013 road maps and the insecure Java program that it is. the best you can wish for is for them to get their heads out of their asses and actually get it working proper.

If you are the type that tries to figure stuff out logically, great, I wish you well in your journey to try to understand this clusterfsck of a program and help out management to push your engineer to make changes that positively impact what it spits out. I have and it's already made changes that make the days of the CRRs at our station better. No longer is it keeping the country/rural CRR in the city and then sending the overflow city CRRs wayyyyyyyyyyy out to the country.

Guess what changed it? Two options over 4 routes in the route profile. It just took convincing your enginenerd to change it and simulate the :censored2: out of it and examine the results.

If you don't want to be a part of change, that's fine. Just don't bitch constantly about how it's totally worthless and it should get scrapped. There is a TON more options in the E* backend than there ever was in ROADs and it will get better. However, until they free E* from the chains of the ancient ROADs mapping system, expect the same crap.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I'm telling you now, it won't go away -- not for a long time. Yes, some stations will roll back to ROADs for Peak but eventually you have to get over your love for the year 2013 road maps and the insecure Java program that it is. the best you can wish for is for them to get their heads out of their asses and actually get it working proper.

If you are the type that tries to figure stuff out logically, great, I wish you well in your journey to try to understand this clusterfsck of a program and help out management to push your engineer to make changes that positively impact what it spits out. I have and it's already made changes that make the days of the CRRs at our station better. No longer is it keeping the country/rural CRR in the city and then sending the overflow city CRRs wayyyyyyyyyyy out to the country.

Guess what changed it? Two options over 4 routes in the route profile. It just took convincing your enginenerd to change it and simulate the :censored2: out of it and examine the results.

If you don't want to be a part of change, that's fine. Just don't bitch constantly about how it's totally worthless and it should get scrapped. There is a TON more options in the E* backend than there ever was in ROADs and it will get better. However, until they free E* from the chains of the ancient ROADs mapping system, expect the same crap.
It really has nothing to do with thinking roads is great. For the most part it's just keeping boundaries and letting the couriers run the routes as efficiently as they can. As far as balancing routes, that should be the managers job as it once was was. We did just fine before roads and just paper maps.

MAKAVELI

They are shutting it down along with response because it doesn't work and is co$tly. They'll have to revamp the whole concept in order for it to work.