Just bring em back....

tourists24

The latest strategy at my center. If you can’t get get done with your route in a timely manner, just bring back whatever you have left. Don’t sheet it up. Sounds reasonable right? Lol

DriverNerd

Like the first week of peak last year... loading the cars too full, don't get it done, bring it back, go out again with the same stuff, repeat. We had drivers recycling the same packages for a week. What's the big deal?!

35years

Gravy route
Yep
During peak I didn't get section 8 done for 2 weeks in a row. Irregs held back. Trailers rolled.

Now I have customers saying tracking shows my box is on your truck....

No, its on a trailer sitting at our hub.

Hire more drivers!

quad decade guy

Well, this is interesting. When it all comes down to it.....is this dishonesty? Rolling pkgs without documentation? Not just one(that will get you fired) but dozens? Ok for us(mgt) but not you?

UPSER1987

Well, this is interesting. When it all comes down to it.....is this dishonesty? Rolling pkgs without documentation? Not just one(that will get you fired) but dozens? Ok for us(mgt) but not you?
That’s the way it goes. You are not in a decision making capacity. If you want to make that decision go into management. Like it or not work as directed. The decision to roll packages is someone else’s problem. You can’t have it both ways.

Rack em

Made the Podium
That’s the way it goes. You are not in a decision making capacity. If you want to make that decision go into management. Like it or not work as directed. The decision to roll packages is someone else’s problem. You can’t have it both ways.
What happens if a supervisor tells you to sheet a misload as future, or a closed business after 17:00 as future? Does work as directed still apply in those situations?

Poop Head

Judge me.
What happens if a supervisor tells you to sheet a misload as future, or a closed business after 17:00 as future? Does work as directed still apply in those situations?
Yes. But first i call a steward or BA, they have always told me to sheet as instructed. And always take a picture of the diad message first.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Have your steward or local ask for your driver manifest report...with "All units of work" added to it and you'll have the tracking numbers of the pkgs at every stop address. Track them and see what the building scan resolution says and proceed from there.

Could be a good whistleblower charge. The 800 ethics number should be called, and the file a grievance citing articles against the unethical actions including Art 17a if you're in the Central Region.

It may be the "free period" but the company is not free to fraud customers because they wont hire and train a sufficient staff, which is also grievable, and if you get harassed on route because of rolling packages give the customer the ethics number. Let them deal with it.

We also have unlimited car wash hours as well. See enough staffing added to get the whole fleet cleaned most of the week? Didnt think so.

No one wanted it both ways. Please, discern what the other poster is saying, and then respond. You're making management look worse than they normal do.

We want to display the integrity the company demands of its hourly in our jobs and we know what's going on is not right.

If management was held to the same standard of integrity hourly was we would have fresh management more often and there would be a revolving door on the HR office.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yes. But first i call a steward or BA, they have always told me to sheet as instructed. And always take a picture of the diad message first.
I will also say this, theyve only ever instructed me to EC a missload twice. Other guys ive talked to have been told to EC everything they had left to make 9/5 or to make the last air shuttle, etc... those guys are known pushovers though.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I will also say this, theyve only ever instructed me to EC a missload twice. Other guys ive talked to have been told to EC everything they had left to make 9/5 or to make the last air shuttle, etc... those guys are known pushovers though.
Not pushovers. They're complicit. And that's worst.

UPSER1987

I would request that instruction send to my diad, take a picture of it and work as directed.

Rack em

Made the Podium
This is my go to move for this. If I get that message to dishonestly sheet a package, I for one refuse, then I bring the package(s) to a supervisor at night, say "you can sheet them", punch out, and go home. They usually find some kiss ass driver to sheet them instead which is still wrong, but at least it isn't me doing something dishonest. Always CYA

GenericUsername

Man, reading the stuff you guys are going through is nuts. Down here where I'm at, 8 hours or less is a daily thing for myself and many others. My center could spare 10-15 people to go North somewhere and deliver for a week or so to help out. Obviously this would be at the expense of the company, but I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind a change in scenery for a little while.

quad decade guy

Man, reading the stuff you guys are going through is nuts. Down here where I'm at, 8 hours or less is a daily thing for myself and many others. My center could spare 10-15 people to go North somewhere and deliver for a week or so to help out. Obviously this would be at the expense of the company, but I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind a change in scenery for a little while.
So, you have enough staffing to cover and then laying off 10 to 15 every day? Do you work in the United States?