Just bring em back....

ManInBrown

The latest strategy at my center. If you can’t get get done with your route in a timely manner, just bring back whatever you have left. Don’t sheet it up. Sounds reasonable right? Lol
Latest strategy? pretty sure that’s the only strategy. That’s not anything new.

21Savage

Yup people know they don't have to finish and there's no consequence for no-scans. So just keep rolling packages, and eat up hours to avoid a 6 punch. why not?

If you finish they just give you the same or more the next day.

ManInBrown

If you finish they just give you the same or more the next day.

of course that’s what they do. Same as peak. They beg the suckers errrrrrrrr drivers to work Saturdays telling them if they do they’ll only have their work Monday. Then they come in Monday with work from 4 different routes.

GenericUsername

We have preloaders who could cover routes. Most of those guys are chomping at the bit to get on the road because this is the time of the year where they're running out of savings/tired of their second job. But on a normal day, we're looking at around 5-10 of the highest seniority guys going home plus 5-10 using option days and then add in vacations.

quad decade guy

We have preloaders who could cover routes. Most of those guys are chomping at the bit to get on the road because this is the time of the year where they're running out of savings/tired of their second job. But on a normal day, we're looking at around 5-10 of the highest seniority guys going home plus 5-10 using option days and then add in vacations.
Big difference in 5-10. That's not 10-15. So, you are saying pull part timers to cover 10-15 leaving? That's end of the world stuff.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man, reading the stuff you guys are going through is nuts. Down here where I'm at, 8 hours or less is a daily thing for myself and many others. My center could spare 10-15 people to go North somewhere and deliver for a week or so to help out. Obviously this would be at the expense of the company, but I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind a change in scenery for a little while.

Careful what you wish for

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Yes. But first i call a steward or BA, they have always told me to sheet as instructed. And always take a picture of the diad message first.

Yes!!! Get everything documented. If they're not willing to put it in a dead message or a text message never do it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Man, reading the stuff you guys are going through is nuts. Down here where I'm at, 8 hours or less is a daily thing for myself and many others. My center could spare 10-15 people to go North somewhere and deliver for a week or so to help out. Obviously this would be at the expense of the company, but I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind a change in scenery for a little while.
Similar situation here. This is a big college town, and with the university shut down and college kids back home with their parents, we have more than enough drivers. I wouldn’t mind being sent to a building in need of help. A change of scenery and low expectations sounds like fun.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thats always the thing here. I've been pulling in at 930-940 with 50-100 pieces and they just scan them all.
1592797040057.gif

Doing time

What happens if a supervisor tells you to sheet a misload as future, or a closed business after 17:00 as future? Does work as directed still apply in those situations?
When a supervisor asks me to do something shady I say one of two things. “I don’t want to falsify records” or “The training in the Diad says we are supposed to sheet those missed”. Usually “falsify records” or “missed” will send them looking for someone else to do their dirty work. If neither of those work and they insist I do it then I always type in the comments section “Per (supervisors name)” to cover myself.

Poop Head

Judge me.
The company has to give you a copy of the diad messages the next day but pics are good insurance with the time stamp.
From what i remember** same day if requested the day of, otherwise they have one week to provide copy of diad messages from said day. Could be wrong, thats just how i remember reading it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The latest strategy at my center. If you can’t get get done with your route in a timely manner, just bring back whatever you have left. Don’t sheet it up. Sounds reasonable right? Lol
We do that here, especially every Monday. No scan either as they made up an exemption allegedly for this Kung Flu.

Not really sure what the Kung Flu has to with cutting routes?