Just curious....

TreyDay

So, I'm a seasonal, been on my own for about 3 weeks now. My route consists of about 80 stops. 50 of them being businesses and 30 of them being residential. The businesses I'm not just talking an office building, I'm talking hospitals and doctors offices with multiple suites and a lot of elevator time, and some bulk with the dolly , steel factories with guard gates, call boxes and sign in sheets, and just dealing with trying to find someone to signs because nobody is ever around so quite a bit of time consuming stuff. I can normally do my route in 8-9 hours depending on the delay of the businesses and bulk trips. So my question is am I making good time? Thanks.

PT Car Washer

Just as long as you are making service on all deliveries and pick ups and have no accidents or complaints (legitimate complaints) and no injuries, you are doing great.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, I'm a seasonal, been on my own for about 3 weeks now. My route consists of about 80 stops. 50 of them being businesses and 30 of them being residential. The businesses I'm not just talking an office building, I'm talking hospitals and doctors offices with multiple suites and a lot of elevator time, and some bulk with the dolly , steel factories with guard gates, call boxes and sign in sheets, and just dealing with trying to find someone to signs because nobody is ever around so quite a bit of time consuming stuff. I can normally do my route in 8-9 hours depending on the delay of the businesses and bulk trips. So my question is am I making good time? Thanks.
Better be done by lunch.

Over 70

I've been on the road for about three weeks. My first half+ of day is all businesses and the second half is pickups/resis. 16 pickups in the afternoon. 110-165 stops 275-450 pieces. They usually give me a smaller car and have it bricked front to back. If they give me a bigger car so I can get bulk/irregs off faster in the morning I knock the route out MUCH faster. They seem thrilled with the results.

This job is really a piece of cake when the car isn't bricked out with stuff thrown everywhere. Oh well, when I walk in and can't get the bulkhead door open I just see dollar signs $$$. :-) I look at the couple other new reg temp's cars in the morning and they can walk down the middle....Yeah I've been bailed out a time or two but I noticed it's like they just kept piling it on to see how far they could go and now it's been more consistent.

I got the usual keep getting better, try to find ways to be more efficient talk the first week but the last week has been more good job and stay accident free you're a keeper.

PS I'm a new reg-temp not seasonal but no seniority yet so anything goes as far as my future! Just keep your mouth shut, work as directed, and honestly give your best every day and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Boulevard859710

I had a guy ride with me several times to learn how to do my business during peak. Well, I still have my business because they gave him another area. Go figure.

AlliSeeisBrown

I've been on the road for about three weeks. My first half+ of day is all businesses and the second half is pickups/resis. 16 pickups in the afternoon. 110-165 stops 275-450 pieces. They usually give me a smaller car and have it bricked front to back. If they give me a bigger car so I can get bulk/irregs off faster in the morning I knock the route out MUCH faster. They seem thrilled with the results.

This job is really a piece of cake when the car isn't bricked out with stuff thrown everywhere. Oh well, when I walk in and can't get the bulkhead door open I just see dollar signs $$$. :-) I look at the couple other new reg temp's cars in the morning and they can walk down the middle....Yeah I've been bailed out a time or two but I noticed it's like they just kept piling it on to see how far they could go and now it's been more consistent.

I got the usual keep getting better, try to find ways to be more efficient talk the first week but the last week has been more good job and stay accident free you're a keeper.

PS I'm a new reg-temp not seasonal but no seniority yet so anything goes as far as my future! Just keep your mouth shut, work as directed, and honestly give your best every day and you'll have nothing to worry about.

I'm in the exact same boat as this guy. They've been adding about 1 or 2 more resi neighborhoods to my EDD every week to see where I max out. 70-80 business stops, 50-80 residential, 24 pickups. Small package car blown out everyday. Other seasonals/new RTD's seem to be getting it easy with peak resi routes. Seem to have 2-3 DOT hours left for Saturday delivery somehow.

Box Ox

Seriously, don't worry about your time as a seasonal. Going too fast will get you hurt or in an accident. If you're getting your stuff off you're good.

Box Ox

Our seasonals aren't allowed to touch more than a few business stops. Sounds like you're doing ok.

Seasonals at my location typically take the business portions of bid routes and a little residential while the permanent FTers primarily run the heavy residential volume with a helper.

Scoot

Our seasonals aren't allowed to touch more than a few business stops. Sounds like you're doing ok.
Man I wish. Our seasonals primarily do business. They gave a guy a portion of my business and another route's along with pickups. Initially they had him doing about 55-60 deliveries and 28 p/ups. He's now down to about 50 and 8. The couple of customers I run into on occasion are completely fed up with not getting their stuff until 3:00-4:00 in the afternoon.

He's in a rental but c'mon man.