Just had an interview with HR for Package Delivery Driver

Talkofny

During the interview, the HR rep asked me a couple of questions about work experience and whether I'd be up to the task for a physically strenuous position. She seemed to like me and even said that I'd be a good fit for UPS. The only issue was where I live now is about a 40 minute commute from the UPS center that I interviewed at. She made sure to mention that she would contact the HR reps from the centers closer to where I live and notify them about being a potential for at their location. According to indeed.com there are Package delivery driver positions being sought out at a location close By. When I try to apply on the UPS site, I can't get past this first set of questions that leads to setting up a tour interview. Basically my question in a nutshell, do I really have a chance at getting a call from another location?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
During the interview, the HR rep asked me a couple of questions about work experience and whether I'd be up to the task for a physically strenuous position. She seemed to like me and even said that I'd be a good fit for UPS. The only issue was where I live now is about a 40 minute commute from the UPS center that I interviewed at. She made sure to mention that she would contact the HR reps from the centers closer to where I live and notify them about being a potential for at their location. According to indeed.com there are Package delivery driver positions being sought out at a location close By. When I try to apply on the UPS site, I can't get past this first set of questions that leads to setting up a tour interview. Basically my question in a nutshell, do I really have a chance at getting a call from another location?
seasonal job

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
2016-11-06-15-23-24--1369219114.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I hope you tried to dodge the "where do you live" question like crazy. When I interviewed I used a relative's address to place me just 5 minutes away from the center.

edit: just drive the 40 minutes. If you said anything about not wanting to drive that far you are toast on the interview.

Last edited:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Half my center lives an hour or two away because of the ridiculous cost of living here...it’s not gonna be fun to drive 12 hours a day for work and 4 more round trip to and from work.

Talkofny

I mentioned that the commute wasn't an issue for me. She said that any driver that they take on the comes that from my county doesn't last because the traffic gets hectic during those peak hours. Are UPS centers connected whatsoever? From what I've read online it seems as if each location operates independently.

I'm just stuck in a rut at this point. I don't know whether I legitmately have an opportunity at another location or whether I should just look for other places to work

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I mentioned that the commute wasn't an issue for me. She said that any driver that they take on the comes that from my county doesn't last because the traffic gets hectic during those peak hours. Are UPS centers connected whatsoever? From what I've read online it seems as if each location operates independently.

I'm just stuck in a rut at this point. I don't know whether I legitmately have an opportunity at another location or whether I should just look for other places to work

How hott’s HR girl?