Just lost my Mother.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
As many of you know, my Mom, (Hilda), has been in the hospital suffering from the affects of a massive stroke. She's been on life support for the past 3 1/2 years. Tonight she left all of that suffering behind. Many of you have read my posts, but don't really know the guy behind them. I know, you've seen plenty of pictures of me, and my family. Pictures don't tell the whole story, though, they do give a glimpse of my life.

Though life with Mom wasn't quite the love story I would liked for it to have been, she was my Mom. Quite some time before she fell ill, we made amends and even became quite close. She lived in Brooklyn, NY, so we wrote each other long letters, that drew us even closer. I'll miss my Mom.

On this note, I'd like all of you to think about your parents, this holiday season. When you see them, give them an extra warm hug, knowing that they're there for you. Give them all the love and honor they deserve and don't let a minute go by that you would regret, had you lost them today.

Camping Nana

You have my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. May only the good memories sustain you in the days ahead!

Thank you for being transparent. Your post is very thought-provoking.... I appreciate it!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Brother Steve i am sorry for your loss, especially this time of year, sounds like Mom raised one hell of a son! You know shes proud of you.

satellitedriver

Steve,
I am sorry to hear about your loss, but, I am glad you got to make amends before her passing.
Silence is long after the grave.
If you love someone, tell them and show it.
You and your family are in my prayers.
Take good care,
Steve

Bad Gas!

Steve,

Sorry about your mom.I viewed your awesome blog last week and saw her picture in the hospital..I know after 3 1/2 years on life support you must feel some relief..but, it's still not any eaiser to lose a loveone. You are never really ready. Time will help the healing.Let all your emotions go..God's peace to you and yours..

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Steve,
I am sorry.
I am glad you came close to one another...that is good.
You have many good memories to cherish and you'll still hear your mother calling your name and her laugh. They are with you and always will be.
Take care and I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hoke

upsgrunt

Steve,
I know your pain- I lost my Mom March 6th. Even though I knew it was eminent, it was still hard; I'm sure you're feeling the same way. I was close to my mother as well and I long to just be able to talk to her again. God's in charge and He knows what's best and we will be together again someday. You are in my prayers and I guarantee your mother is smiling down on you from heaven; proud of the son she raised.

Hang in there,

Steve

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Steve,

I am so sorry about your mom. I cannot imagine the pain and sense of loss and grieving your are feeling right now. The pain you felt as she was on life suport for 3 1/2 years. I am so glad you had the chance to grow close with each other before she became ill.

Know that while you may feel alone, you are not. We are here for you as well as you own family will be there for each other.

Listen for her voice, she will come to you in your dreams. You may even smell her perfume. If you are listening, and open you will hear her.

May you feel peace and comfort in knowing that your mom is at peace, and in better place then she left. While that may not bring you comfort now, in the moment of unimaginable pain, it will bring you some comfort in time.

Remember to share her stories, and memories of her. Pass them on to your children, and their children. L'dor v Dor (from generation to generation) and life will go on.

May G-d wrap His arms around you and grant you peace.

ps~ i just looked at your webpage. you are an amazing father. hug those girls close. You are blessed indeed. I wish you peace in this terrible period.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
Steve,I was really close to my mom,and she spent over a year in the hospital with a bad liver.she wanted to come home so bad,I agreed to feed her a specific diet and take care of her.I found her one night after work eating fruitcake ,she had a towel drying in the oven.
The next night she was naked watching tv...I had to make her go back,
she hated me for it,but I brought her fresca and fruit bottom yogurt and mc chicken sandwiches every night and she realized how much I really loved her .Mothers are special and no matter what the circumstances,
they will always be remembered in a revered light.My thoughts are with you.