Just starting out, had a few questions on tips

347Dodge

Hey everyone my name is Derek and I just got a job at UPS for a package handler position. tuesday to saturday 4am to 9pm. I have a few years expereince working in factories but I would like to ask the community if they have any tips for first timers on the job? And what do you think about the job after being there for say a month or longer?

Hey everyone my name is and I just got a job at UPS for a package handler position. tuesday to saturday 4am to 9pm. I have a few years expereince working in factories but I would like to ask the community if they have any tips for first timers on the job? And what do you think about the job after being there for say a month or longer?
Welcome to Brown cafe.
Please don't use your real name here

@cheryl can help you with changing your username.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey everyone my name is Derek and I just got a job at UPS for a package handler position. tuesday to saturday 4am to 9pm. I have a few years expereince working in factories but I would like to ask the community if they have any tips for first timers on the job? And what do you think about the job after being there for say a month or longer?
dont listen to anyone on here, beware of @Future the poater, he is full of it

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Please change your username. Here's a link: https://www.browncafe.com/community/account/UsernameChange

Indecisi0n

Just be careful . When I first started I was loading a package car by myself and didn't realize someone followed me inside. He cornered me and had his way with me . It was horrible. Thankfully it only happened every Tuesday , Thursday's and Friday so I didn't tell anyone .

347Dodge

Haha because of the union I assume.
But no in all seriousness, I plan to be safe and will be getting my self some non slip work boots over the weekend.

GiveMeAttention

I started as a package handler around peak season. I was very enthusiastic about the job. I told myself "I'm gonna do the best job that I can so that I can leave a good impression on my PT Supe and my Full time Supe because they have my best interests at heart!"

So from about October to January I worked my ass off. Like better than anyone on my belt.

And then I realized that I am breaking my body down for absolutely nothing. The supes don't care about you lol. And if you work hard and one day work a little slower then they will be on your ass.

My dumb naive ass sobered up to the reality real quick. And now, I take my time, I work safe, and I work normal. I don't try to impress anyone. And I simply collect my paycheck and leave.

They are just packages. Don't kill yourself over them.

DeliveryMachine

It’s really really laid back and chill. Few packages come down the belt slowly, usually weighing 5-10 lbs, you grab yours and put it in the correct truck and go back to the belt and patiently wait for your next package to come down the belt. Let us know if anything I said is inaccurate in the slightest

Indecisi0n

It’s really really laid back and chill. Few packages come down the belt slowly, usually weighing 5-10 lbs, you grab yours and put it in the correct truck and go back to the belt and patiently wait for your next package to come down the belt. Let us know if anything I said is inaccurate in the slightest
You ever grab anyone elses package?

347Dodge

Will keep in mind to just work steadily and not above my own pace as it does appear from the interview I had there is like 20 some employee to 1 part time up and 30 some employees per full time sup from what I was told by their sorting manager as their estimate. So with that in mind I do not expect any supervisor to be directly watching over me over minute of the day therefore noo need to impress anyone. So far it seems just be safe and dont stress my body mentally or physically.
Thank you for your input everyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started as a package handler around peak season. I was very enthusiastic about the job. I told myself "I'm gonna do the best job that I can so that I can leave a good impression on my PT Supe and my Full time Supe because they have my best interests at heart!"

So from about October to January I worked my ass off. Like better than anyone on my belt.

And then I realized that I am breaking my body down for absolutely nothing. The supes don't care about you lol. And if you work hard and one day work a little slower then they will be on your ass.

My dumb naive ass sobered up to the reality real quick. And now, I take my time, I work safe, and I work normal. I don't try to impress anyone. And I simply collect my paycheck and leave.

They are just packages. Don't kill yourself over them.

C3541759-0F68-4D11-99BA-84350B264DEE.gif

TRUTH!!