Just what my name says...Im OUT!!!

imout

Im not a new member, but for some reason when they switched everything my account was deleted. Anyways, I decided to take everyones friendly advice a while ago and started looking for employment that would utilize my education and be a little bit more, how should I say....user friendly of a work place. After what seemed like forever (though really wasn't) I am now no longer affiliated with FedEx Express (or other opco under the parent corporation), and am VERY happily employed elsewhere :). Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your information and insite, and hope it all ends well for everyone still with the company (one way or another).

Thanks again,

Me :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Im not a new member, but for some reason when they switched everything my account was deleted. Anyways, I decided to take everyones friendly advice a while ago and started looking for employment that would utilize my education and be a little bit more, how should I say....user friendly of a work place. After what seemed like forever (though really wasn't) I am now no longer affiliated with FedEx Express (or other opco under the parent corporation), and am VERY happily employed elsewhere :). Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your information and insite, and hope it all ends well for everyone still with the company (one way or another).

Thanks again,

Me :)

Bravo Zulu!! Always great to hear about a successful escapee.

imout

Who I was before doesn't really matter...because now imout ;).

As for benefits, I will have a full (traditional) pension, no premiums for dental/vision, obviously healthcare but without going into specifics lets just say its insanely better, paid vacation, sick time, etc. Other benefits not necessarily considered all the time....flexible work schedule, no more worrying about getting called in or forced to work on my day off, annual pay increases that are noticeable with a defined top out timeline, not to mention a supervisor with a moral compass.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You should read some Bukowski. Freedom isn't for everybody. If it was, you wouldn't be spending the amount of time that you do posting on this site.

Freedom is whatever you define it to be. I love to be free to express my opinions about FedEx. To each his own, so if you don't like it, I could care less.

Dex01

Banned
Freedom is whatever you define it to be. I love to be free to express my opinions about FedEx. To each his own, so if you don't like it, I could care less.

I certainly have no objection to how you spend the precious time that has been allotted to you, Mr. FedEx. However, if you equate freedom with taking time out to proffer bitter diatribes about the employer that you have already dedicated a substantial portion of your life to, then you may want to rethink the whole concept.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
To whomever you used to be: Congrats and best of luck in your new venture!
I have yet to talk to anyone who regretted leaving this cesspool (whether they left by their own choice or otherwise)

CJinx

Congratulations on finding employment that puts your education to use! I'm still a few years away from finishing up my degrees.

hypo hanna

Who I was before doesn't really matter...because now imout ;).

As for benefits, I will have a full (traditional) pension, no premiums for dental/vision, obviously healthcare but without going into specifics lets just say its insanely better, paid vacation, sick time, etc. Other benefits not necessarily considered all the time....flexible work schedule, no more worrying about getting called in or forced to work on my day off, annual pay increases that are noticeable with a defined top out timeline, not to mention a supervisor with a moral compass.
Thats fantastic! Congratulations!
If its not too personal, can I ask your age range?

Doc Sorting Dude

Ahhh...nice to hear someone escaping and looking forward to a more successful workplace than FDX. Now you can be one of the many people I've delivered to to say "Hey, I used to work for you guys".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'd love to see another local employer woo away at least 50% of our stations staff (including myself) and leave the managers in a jam.

SmithBarney

if we lost 50% of our couriers I'd hope it was the old ones.. since we'd only need
a few new people to replace their slowness.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
if we lost 50% of our couriers I'd hope it was the old ones.. since we'd only need
a few new people to replace their slowness.
The "old ones" are simply practicing WAD....which all Expressers should be doing - young and old alike. I mean what's the rush after all?...to make Fred and Co. richer sooner?

SmithBarney

The "old ones" are simply practicing WAD....which all Expressers should be doing - young and old alike. I mean what's the rush after all?...to make Fred and Co. richer sooner?
Actually when a brand new cover driver(just transfers in from out of state) runs your route and finishes 2 hours before you normally do, after only running the route 4 times, you whoever you are senior or not need to be spoken to. I'm not talking about rushing, and I'm all for WAD WORK AS DIRECTED, not WALK ALL DAY. It's clear to Management and others when you work the clock, unfortunately management for the most part has no guts when it comes to motivating some of these old folks.