KC voting starts on Sunday (APWA)

Delivered

Polls will be open:

Sunday, August 05, 2007 from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am Monday, August 06, 2007.

Monday, August 06, 2007 from 6 pm to 11 pm.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 from 6 am to 11 am.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 from 1:30 pm to 5pm.

Election location is the west dock office at the terminal.

local776

Polls will be open:

I fell sorry for you guys. They didnt get gaffney lets see if you are all as smart as the gaffney folks

sawdusttv

I fell sorry for you guys. They didnt get gaffney lets see if you are all as smart as the gaffney folks

The dates for the NLRB vote in Gaffney, SC has not even been set yet so that must mean that Local 776 is lieing, imagine that, another teamster lie!!!!
The necessary papers have been filed by the APWA but no date has been announced for the vote yet by the NLRB.

local776

The dates for the NLRB vote in Gaffney, SC has not even been set yet so that must mean that Local 776 is lieing, imagine that, another teamster lie!!!!
The necessary papers have been filed by the APWA but no date has been announced for the vote yet by the NLRB.
why dont you call the nlrb. you only get dates when it has been verified i will give you the number if you wish

U

UPS FREIGHT WORKER

If the pull out of the central states is approved then the apwa is over! Looks like the one issue wannabees, (one issue), may be pulled out from under them.

sawdusttv

why dont you call the nlrb. you only get dates when it has been verified i will give you the number if you wish

I don't need the number, I know exactly what is going on, but by your post you have not got a clue, you're just making things up as you go. Good try though!!!!!!

nospinzone

Didn't get Gaffney? Now its customary for the company to request election hearings to contest union elections, unless you're up the company's *ss like the Teamsters, then you get voluntary recognition. And according to the NLRB website, the hearing was on Aug 1 and the petition is STILL UNDER REVIEW. So unless you have an inside connection with the NLRB hearing officer and would like to fill us in on the inside scoop, then sawdust is entirely correct. You're just making stuff up as you go along. Gee, I feel sorry for people who have to resort to lying to argue their point.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Polls will be open:

When will the results be finalized? Tuesday night or sometime wednesday? Im really interested in this outcome and i hope all upsers are watching this no matter which way your leaning on it. Also what happens to ballots when the voting isnt being held? Will there be a state trooper watching this? What witnesses will be watching and staying with the ballots?

sawdusttv

When will the results be finalized? Tuesday night or sometime wednesday? Im really interested in this outcome and i hope all upsers are watching this no matter which way your leaning on it. Also what happens to ballots when the voting isnt being held? Will there be a state trooper watching this? What witnesses will be watching and staying with the ballots?

Red,
you are just kidding???? Right!!!!!! you know that the NLRB controls and handles all aspects of the vote. NO teamsters, NO APWA, NO company people have any say so.
From what I have been told, as soon as the polls close, the NLRB officials will dump the boxes on the table and count the votes. So, we should know something shortly there after.

HRS-SLAVE

Didn't get Gaffney? Now its customary for the company to request election hearings to contest union elections, unless you're up the company's *ss like the Teamsters, then you get voluntary recognition. And according to the NLRB website, the hearing was on Aug 1 and the petition is STILL UNDER REVIEW. So unless you have an inside connection with the NLRB hearing officer and would like to fill us in on the inside scoop, then sawdust is entirely correct. You're just making stuff up as you go along. Gee, I feel sorry for people who have to resort to lying to argue their point.
The APWA is going to win KC by a landslide,and guess what?Gaffney will be no different.Seems like local776 talks out his A** on every website he gets on.:lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,
you are just kidding???? Right!!!!!! you know that the NLRB controls and handles all aspects of the vote. NO teamsters, NO APWA, NO company people have any say so.
From what I have been told, as soon as the polls close, the NLRB officials will dump the boxes on the table and count the votes. So, we should know something shortly there after.
No i have never been part of a nlrb vote. I have benn to several local officer votes and each slate is allowed to go to the post office pick them up and stay with them until the votes are tallyed. None of the employees can stay with them to insure that theres no tampering at all?

sawdusttv

No i have never been part of a nlrb vote. I have benn to several local officer votes and each slate is allowed to go to the post office pick them up and stay with them until the votes are tallyed. None of the employees can stay with them to insure that theres no tampering at all?

Red,
The NLRB official retains the ballot box throughout the voting process. there is no mail in, it is done on sight as the schedule says. No one has access to the ballot box except the NLRB officials.

stormchaser148

Stormchaser/Rd Driver
It is not going to make a difference which way the vote goes. If the teamsters or the apwa get in we loose. We will loose money on drop and hooks. loose money on dock time. Loose money and what, maybe a little better benefits. That won't pay our bills. put our kids in college. Food on the table. We are just under union scale now and should just leave it all alone. If we needed the union in, we would have had it in a long time ago. Vote no and screw the one for all bull and just do your jobs and it will pay for itself!:w00t:

sawdusttv

It is not going to make a difference which way the vote goes. If the teamsters or the apwa get in we loose. We will loose money on drop and hooks. loose money on dock time. Loose money and what, maybe a little better benefits. That won't pay our bills. put our kids in college. Food on the table. We are just under union scale now and should just leave it all alone. If we needed the union in, we would have had it in a long time ago. Vote no and screw the one for all bull and just do your jobs and it will pay for itself!:w00t:

I can see that you have yet to experience the wrath of the big brown monster if you think that you can last without some kind of representation. But rest assured, it's only a matter of time before big brown takes a swing at you. it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when!!!!!!!!!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey pal ups bought you guys and has already transfered some of our work to you! If you dont vote in a union eventually you could be doing all of our work for less money that what a fedex driver makes! I see your out of mchenry, is that in illinois? if so your probably out of the palatine terminal for freight and that barn is pretty solid with teamster support and will be one of the first to vote after the indy deal gets inked. Why dont you just wait and see what indy gets before making your conclusion on what your contract could be!

sawdusttv

Hey pal ups bought you guys and has already transfered some of our work to you! If you dont vote in a union eventually you could be doing all of our work for less money that what a fedex driver makes! I see your out of mchenry, is that in illinois? if so your probably out of the palatine terminal for freight and that barn is pretty solid with teamster support and will be one of the first to vote after the indy deal gets inked. Why dont you just wait and see what indy gets before making your conclusion on what your contract could be!

A footnote to this post.
The Indy terminal has around 125 employees and the teamsters were given vol. recognition after strong-arming these people. If I remember right, some teamster thugs hospitalized two of the employees before getting that recognition.
Anyone else remember how that went down?

Cole

It seems the APWA has lost in KC 203 no's to 66 yes votes! As brother SAW stated it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of when they will start their petty tactics.

Cole

It is not going to make a difference which way the vote goes. If the teamsters or the apwa get in we loose. We will loose money on drop and hooks. loose money on dock time. Loose money and what, maybe a little better benefits. That won't pay our bills. put our kids in college. Food on the table. We are just under union scale now and should just leave it all alone. If we needed the union in, we would have had it in a long time ago. Vote no and screw the one for all bull and just do your jobs and it will pay for itself!:w00t:[/quote]

First of all friend the people who own you now are not the same that did so for yrs. If you're under union pay scale, how would you lose money if you got up to union pay scale?!

As far as benefits not paying the bills, are you serious? I pray you don't have anyone in your family or yourself need medical treatment, because it is very expensive these days, and benefits do pay alot of those bills.

Pretty soon Mr. Hyde will come out and you will learn why the rest at UPS are union.

sawdusttv

First of all friend the people who own you now are not the same that did so for yrs. If you're under union pay scale, how would you lose money if you got up to union pay scale?!

As far as benefits not paying the bills, are you serious? I pray you don't have anyone in your family or yourself need medical treatment, because it is very expensive these days, and benefits do pay alot of those bills.

Pretty soon Mr. Hyde will come out and you will learn why the rest at UPS are union.[/quote]

Give them time brother Cole, They'll wise they had a second chance when big brown comes down on them.

local776

The APWA is going to win KC by a landslide,and guess what?Gaffney will be no different.Seems like local776 talks out his A** on every website he gets on.:lol:
look in the mirro LOOK WHOS IS TALKING NOW OUT THEIR A@@
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:YOU ! apwa won nothing but you blow alot of hot air