Are 13 to 14 hour days worthy of a NO vote?

If 70 hour work weeks are not eliminated will you vote NO?

• All forced 60+ hour weeks must be eliminated even during peak

Votes: 72 73.5%
  • I am OK with being forced to work 70 hours a week

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • I am not a package car driver

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Depends what you mean by that statement.

Can a driver entitled to 40 min of unpaid lunch punch out with 0 min unpaid lunch taken at 13 hours and 59 mins?...yes.

Do some drivers even punch out at 14 hours and 15 min with no unpaid lunch taken?.....
Yes.
And they are not in violation of the 14 hour rule if not driving the last 15 min.

It happened all the time last peak. Drivers tried to run out of hours (70) before Friday punch out, so they would not be forced Saturday.

They had to clock in late the following day (after a 14+ hour shift) to satisfy the 10 hr rule.

That is how messed up the 70 hr rule makes things.
You said could be 11:59. I thought you meant delivering til then.

Yes you CAN work after 14. Just can't drive. They really try to keep that from happening from what I've seen because then it screws with your start time the next day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You said could be 11:59. I thought you meant delivering til then.

Yes you CAN work after 14. Just can't drive. They really try to keep that from happening from what I've seen because then it screws with your start time the next day.
This has happened to me before,a couple peak seasons ago they had me delivering out past 11 pm. Lmfao.

Blackadder 2

I'll be voting no on any contract that says UPS can force us to work up to 70 hours. I know a lot of guys I work with will be doing likewise.

Blackadder 2

How many years has UPS been in service? How many peak seasons? I've driven 30 peak seasons so far and the last one was the first to force 70 hours.
UPS got the job done all those other years without forcing 70.

UPS used to be run by people that knew how to do the job.

Now we are run by people who look at a computer scene and come up with plans that look great on paper and fail in the real world.

Remember we are talking about people that thought Orion was a great idea.