Ketter Audit

LKLND3380

I've never heard of anything like that, as for earlier poster, we are not allowed to code out anything but lunch or break unless they tell us to, then they tell us how many minutes.

Check with your buildings safety supe or district safety supe... Tell them you want to untilize the safety zone...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm curious . Can you explain to me how you double clutch or do you just somehow do it?

How about hooking up a set of doubles? Can you explain to me what you do or do you just somehow go out and do it?

Yet somehow you think you drive safely but yet you can't explain how you do it? If you really feel that way then you might want to stop and think about what you are doing. You might in fact have just been lucky up to now.
TIE I think you may have mis understood me,what I meant is i do work safely everyday and i would be able to go out on road with you and explain every thing i do,everything i see and point out what just about every driver around me is doing , i have 15 yrs safe driving and thank God,19 yrs without an injury. minor aches and pains i worked through!! what i couldn't do is explain it the way you learned at DTS school . if i had 2 weeks maybe!! i don't think i have been "" lucky up to now""I think I have been well trained by U.P.S, my father,and use common sense !!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
TIE I think you may have mis understood me,what I meant is i do work safely everyday and i would be able to go out on road with you and explain every thing i do,everything i see and point out what just about every driver around me is doing , i have 15 yrs safe driving and thank God,19 yrs without an injury. minor aches and pains i worked through!! what i couldn't do is explain it the way you learned at DTS school . if i had 2 weeks maybe!! i don't think i have been "" lucky up to now""I think I have been well trained by U.P.S, my father,and use common sense !!!!!!

Understood. and i know we don't always sell it right either. the sup who goes out telling everyone they will be fired if they don't know it stirs up more crap then necessary.

Hangingon

Our center manager continuously tells us it's a prerequisite to our employment with UPS. How does a college graduate not understand what prerequisite means?

:happy2: aww i hope to be around along time, i dont come in and cry each day, if they ask something of me that i would rather not do, umm lets see hummmm why sure ill do it, i may not wish to but i do rememeber im a employee, not the employer... glad some of us admit that these rules do help us and others on the roadway for a safer way of life, and it doesnt help with the threats we recive but relate back,,, we are employess and regardless of where we work there are rules......:peaceful: out

U

User 12345

I agree that managment in general has no concern for safety, at least in our building. Why is it that the preload runs completley different on audit days? Suddenly the sups are concerned with keeping the smalls bags cleaned up in the sort isle when on every other day they take the smalls scanner away so he can unload and let the 100 bags pile up to the point we have to crawl over them to get out of the sort isle? What happens if we complain about it? sup: we do it like this every day! work as instructed! Oh but audit day comes around and not only is the smalls guy never used in the trailer but they somehow find and extra person to come up and help do the bags to keep the walk area clear. Same thing goes for the unloaders, you must use load stands when you unload the tops of walls, dont worry that we dont have any up here for you to use but on audit day we magically found some. Oh wait you say there is a leaker on the belt and you dont know what it is? Just pull it off and the responder will get it when they get a chance just get the belt running!! WHen I used to load package cars I was so blown out during peak one year the sup jumped in and moved the truck about feet away from the dock and told me I need to jump down off the dock and stack stuff up there all day, sorry we dont have any steps to bring down. SO when I said thats not safe I get a nice warning letter. Yeah managment cares a lot about us working safe, i mean its the number onc econcern right? Thats what the posters say.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, your new avatar makes me think it's a childhood picture of Edward R. Murrow :happy2:

A time when it was considered fashionable to be seen with a cigarette in your hand. :happy-very:

My kids going to die of lung cancer by the age of 4 the way he's sucking on that cigarette.

thebrownbox

The Norwalk preload failed the audit we had last week so they have everyone trying to learn the 8 steps to lifting a box... I'm sorry but I work another job and when I get home the last thing I want to do is study... I'm lucky enough to try and get 5 hours of sleep before getting to start the fun at UPS all over again.

I mean I know how to lift the damn box so they moved me from sorting to loading 2 trucks but the fact that you have to have it in order is a PITA.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Tape the cheat sheet to your windshield as you drive out of the building and tell the boss you're going to study all day. We are in for an audit in about 2 weeks. The building is full of little laminated cards with all the required stuff.

feeder53

ADKtrails
In my terminal, they asked me to quote the items every time I went to dispatch.....On the back wall of dispatch was the posters......I have over 30 years of safe driving, 1 of those with UPS. If they want me to learn them, I will learn them. They also had a computer terminal in dispatch that they would fire it up and have me take a test. They told me if I got 100% they would buy me a steak dinner. If I had to speculate on why the push I would say that if something does happen they have an out.........Liability. I would also hope that they do care about their employees and the general public. I think we (Mgmt, Employees and Union) are all on the same sheet of music, but our perspectives are a little different.

Icyqueen

The only way one will pass a KETER audit (paperwork end of it) is if your lazy district safety team goes into your building and and scrambles within the 4 hour Keter Audit notification to FIX all the mistakes they should have been helping their buildings with from the beginning rather than trying to bang them in internal audits. Talk about integrity... never saw so many management persons signing off rosters / making up observations the way they do when they know Keter is walking in the building. But... when their building passes.... "oh... they live and breath the safety culture." Yeah... they are trying to catch their breath from their racing hearts hoping they don't get caught.
:wink2:Haaaaa... as a regular employee and not a wanna-be "district safety professional" we would all get fired for integrity for the things the district "professionals" get away with during Keter Audits!
It's the employees and their answering of the questions, and doing as they are told for the 2 days Keter is in the building. Thats what would save their A$$es if they didnt have time to fudge the paperwork! I have more respect for a building that fails a Keter Audit because they have integrity than one who fakes their way through!