Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First you post this:
I think the homosexual community as a whole would benefit from it being relisted as a mental illness.
Then you post this:
What if at some point in the future the tide turns and now your viewpoints become psychological issues? Its a ridiculous notion to even accept regardless of what side of the issue you are on.
Which is it?
Seems like you just called yourself ridiculous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just cant seem to wrap my head around Kim Davis' adulterous pregnancy and yet she still manages to be a bigot. Oh what a cognitive dissonance that must be. My center manager is nothing compared to her when it comes to being unreasonable.

Don't you get it? She is being persecuted, just like Jesus. There is no cognitive dissonance for Right Wing zealot nut jobs because to them, Davis is a heroine. She is also being used as a tool by current GOP presidential hopefuls trying to curry (sorry, Bobby) favor with the Religious Right faithful.

Kim Davis is trailer trash elevated to national prominence. She should be fired because she won't do her effing job.

tourists24

Don't you get it? She is being persecuted, just like Jesus. There is no cognitive dissonance for Right Wing zealot nut jobs because to them, Davis is a heroine. She is also being used as a tool by current GOP presidential hopefuls trying to curry (sorry, Bobby) favor with the Religious Right faithful.

Kim Davis is trailer trash elevated to national prominence. She should be fired because she won't do her effing job.
yeah,,,, why don't they just fire her?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yeah,,,, why don't they just fire her?

I wish they would. But then, the Right Wing would have a Mega Martyr, which is probably why she doesn't get the pink slip she deserves.

My religion says I can drive 100 mph whenever and wherever I want, and I am being persecuted because the government won't let me ignore the law.

tourists24

QUOTE ="MrFedEx, post: 1832517, member: 12508"]I wish they would. But then, the Right Wing would have a Mega Martyr, which is probably why she doesn't get the pink slip she deserves.

My religion says I can drive 100 mph whenever and wherever I want, and I am being persecuted because the government won't let me ignore the law.[ QUOTE ]
And what religion would that be? And by what teachings under this religion would you go by?
I suppose a religious exemption is out of the question by you then for her? Even if a "reasonable accommodation" is made so she didn't have to partake in this one part of the job AND same sex couples could get there licenses also? Accommodations are made all the time for workers if it can work. NC just did it for its magistrates

Rainman

Its all good.
It amazes me how little thought you put into supporting this article. If holding a certain point of view is a sign of a psychological disorder this only furthers to discredit the world of psychology as we know it today. First they take an obvious mental disorder off the list of mental disorders, and instead of reexamining this obvious mistake they double down and say if you disagree with our point of view you have psychological problems. How lame, and possibly dangerous, is that? Maybe next they will say all gun owners have psychological problems(my bet is some nutcase psychologist already has), or every conservative thinker has deep psychological issues? I know you are probably sitting there nodding your head in agreement with these suggestions because they are in line with your short sighted thinking. What if at some point in the future the tide turns and now your viewpoints become psychological issues? Its a ridiculous notion to even accept regardless of what side of the issue you are on.
Obama has tried twice to get the CDC to declare gun ownership a disease. Congress found out and threatened to cut funding, so CDC backed off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
QUOTE ="MrFedEx, post: 1832517, member: 12508"]I wish they would. But then, the Right Wing would have a Mega Martyr, which is probably why she doesn't get the pink slip she deserves.

My religion says I can drive 100 mph whenever and wherever I want, and I am being persecuted because the government won't let me ignore the law.[ QUOTE ]
And what religion would that be? And by what teachings under this religion would you go by?
I suppose a religious exemption is out of the question by you then for her? Even if a "reasonable accommodation" is made so she didn't have to partake in this one part of the job AND same sex couples could get there licenses also? Accommodations are made all the time for workers if it can work. NC just did it for its magistrates

Her "reasonable accommodation" isn't reasonable because it's a basic part of her job to execute governmental laws and mandates. It would be like you asking for an accommodation to not deliver packages.

My religion which says I can drive 100 mph whenever I want is covered by freedom of religion. My "Bible" is a typewritten manifesto written by Irving R. Levine. In other words, my religion is just as legitimate as that of Kim Davis. And, no, I won't be getting an accommodation.

We aren't a Christian Nation, even though that's what you'd like.

tourists24

No, I don't. She won't do her job, so why is she still in office?
Because she has a bona-fide constitutional protection even though it doesn't agree with your personal bigoted beliefs. Accommodations can be made to benefit everyone but that's not enough for you

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is that hate speech?

Waaaahh!! You're persecuting me, and my 100 mph religion is a majority in this country! I need an accommodation so I can drive 100 mph everywhere, and Irving R. Levine says in his holy manifesto that if I don't drive that fast I'll go to a hot place and be handed a pitchfork.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because she has a bona-fide constitutional protection even though it doesn't agree with your personal bigoted beliefs. Accommodations can be made to benefit everyone but that's not enough for you

Right. That protection doesn't apply to a government official. As far as bigoted beliefs go, you holier than thou Christian hypocrites have got that just about cornered. Kim Davis is the perfect example of a Born Again hypocrite. How does allowing her to weasel out of her job duty benefit anyone but Kim Davis and her fellow Born Agains?

Sorry, but when you take a job as a government official, you play by the rules of the government and our laws, not those of the Bible.

Perhaps you should move to Iran. They have a theocracy that you'd love.

tourists24

Waaaahh!! You're persecuting me, and my 100 mph religion is a majority in this country! I need an accommodation so I can drive 100 mph everywhere, and Irving R. Levine says in his holy manifesto that if I don't drive that fast I'll go to a hot place and be handed a pitchfork.
So he is a God now? Good luck with that. And if u think you are the majority... well... again good luck with that. Maybe a majority on BC... maybe