Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So he is a God now? Good luck with that. And if u think you are the majority... well... again good luck with that. Maybe a majority on BC... maybe

You miss the point entirely. Irving R. Levine is my God, and you can't deny me my freedom of religion, even though you pretend the "majority" of citizens don't believe in Irving R. Levine.

Here's one for you. What if Kim Davis were a Muslim? Would you still be on here defending her so-called rights to deny licenses? I'm betting "no". Christians want their way, all the time. Sorry, pal, but you and your Bible-banging ilk don't run this country, and that's a very good thing. Levine: Speeders 24:100

10 point

Waaaahh!! You're persecuting me, and my 100 mph religion is a majority in this country! I need an accommodation so I can drive 100 mph everywhere, and Irving R. Levine says in his holy manifesto that if I don't drive that fast I'll go to a hot place and be handed a pitchfork.
Try thorazine or haldol.
Your inner peace is only one Rx away.

10 point

You miss the point entirely. Irving R. Levine is my God, and you can't deny me my freedom of religion, even though you pretend the "majority" of citizens don't believe in Irving R. Levine.

Here's one for you. What if Kim Davis were a Muslim? Would you still be on here defending her so-called rights to deny licenses? I'm betting "no". Christians want their way, all the time. Sorry, pal, but you and your Bible-banging ilk don't run this country, and that's a very good thing. Levine: Speeders 24:100
Uh, Muslims kill gay people.
Get up to speed with your rant "facts".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Uh, Muslims kill gay people.
Get up to speed with your rant "facts".

Uh, it shouldn't matter what religion one practices if you are pleading "persecution". All religions get equal protection, or not in the case where you happen to be a government official who is required to carry out the law.

What if Kim Davis was a Muslim, and said she wanted to kill gay people due to her religious beliefs? I guess she should also receive an accommodation for that. Again, it's fortunate that we live in a country where we aren't forced to follow your religion.

Debating you tools is a waste of my time. I need to go get my bow tie and calibrate my speedometer. Being cretins, you won't understand a bit of it.

tourists24

Uh, it shouldn't matter what religion one practices if you are pleading "persecution". All religions get equal protection, or not in the case where you happen to be a government official who is required to carry out the law.

What if Kim Davis was a Muslim, and said she wanted to kill gay people due to her religious beliefs? I guess she should also receive an accommodation for that. Again, it's fortunate that we live in a country where we aren't forced to follow your religion.

Debating you tools is a waste of my time. I need to go get my bow tie and calibrate my speedometer. Being cretins, you won't understand a bit of it.
You are so high and mighty aren't you? Yes I would defend a Muslim that held a true conviction of religion. That does exclude ISIS... sorry... and it does exclude your love with a man whose philosophy you follow. Debate exactly what "religion" is?.... then let's start another thread on it. Christianity IS a religion and thus protected by the Constitution... as much as u don't like it

10 point

Now, we're talking about killing people.
I think your tight tie shut off the blood to your brain.

The law wasn't in effect when she took office so she protested it.

I'm not sure if you have a dog in this fight unless you're gay?

None of this affects me so I couldn't care less about your infinite "wisdom" governing this issue.

Waaaaaa. Take your blanky and go home. Sniff, sniff.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Because she has a bona-fide constitutional protection even though it doesn't agree with your personal bigoted beliefs. Accommodations can be made to benefit everyone but that's not enough for you
Wrong. Although bigoted beliefs sure seems to fit many so called Christians.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are so high and mighty aren't you? Yes I would defend a Muslim that held a true conviction of religion. That does exclude ISIS... sorry... and it does exclude your love with a man whose philosophy you follow. Debate exactly what "religion" is?.... then let's start another thread on it. Christianity IS a religion and thus protected by the Constitution... as much as u don't like it

BS on protecting a Muslim. And the Religious Right isn't high and mighty? What about you and your buddies here? Shoving Christianity right down everyone's throat. We have freedom of/from religion and a separation of church and state. Worship however and whomever you wish. Just don't expect everyone else to agree with you.

Jesus is fine, but so are the other divine ones. Better figure that out.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Because she has a bona-fide constitutional protection even though it doesn't agree with your personal bigoted beliefs. Accommodations can be made to benefit everyone but that's not enough for you
I would have given her credit if she would have gone right back to denying gays their marriage licenses and then was shipped back off to jail. At least she would be standing by her conviction (as nutty as it appears). But to go back and follow the rules just makes her look like a typical religious right whack-a-loon hypocrite. If she would have gone back and resigned would have also have worked for her but this just proves that she's an empty case, not just a mental case.

tourists24

I would have given her credit if she would have gone right back to denying gays their marriage licenses and then was shipped back off to jail. At least she would be standing by her conviction (as nutty as it appears). But to go back and follow the rules just makes her look like a typical religious right whack-a-loon hypocrite. If she would have gone back and resigned would have also have worked for her but this just proves that she's an empty case, not just a mental case.
She's not handing out licences. Her name is not connected to them. Sort of an accommodation I suppose. No need to resign

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
She's not handing out licences. Her name is not connected to them. Sort of an accommodation I suppose. No need to resign

She shouldn't get any accommodation. Do your job Kim, quit, or go to jail. She won't get recalled because her county is overwhelmingly Christian and conservative, so she's getting a pass that is undeserved.

Here's what's really happening. The Christian majority is in decline, and after many years of having it their way (just like Burger King), our society is evolving and becoming more diverse, both culturally and in terms of religion. This doesn't sit well with the Jesus Whiners, so they're complaining whenever they get the chance. Kim Davis is a perfect opportunity to put their "persecution" out there so we can all sympathize.

Sorry, but Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, and all the other gods are just as important as your God in our society because we have laws that prevent minority religions from being trampled by the tyranny of the majority religion.

I don't hate Christians, but I do hate their superior attitude and general opinion that their religion gets preference. BS. My wife is a devout Christian, and several of my kids are Christian, and I'm fine with it. They respect my questioning of the existence of a God, and I respect their belief in Him. Everyone gets along.

When I was younger I played both football and basketball through high school, and hated it when I had a Christian coach who would insist on doing a prayer, or thanking God after a win. I used to go along with it, and later, refused to take part. It would have been "outrageous" to have a Muslim, Hindu or some other type of religious prayer, but Christianity was OK, because almost everyone was Christian. This is wrong.

We're supposed to have freedom of religion, but what we have is freedom to be a Christian and tell everyone else how to live, which is effing crap.

10 point

She shouldn't get any accommodation. Do your job Kim, quit, or go to jail. She won't get recalled because her county is overwhelmingly Christian and conservative, so she's getting a pass that is undeserved.

Here's what's really happening. The Christian majority is in decline, and after many years of having it their way (just like Burger King), our society is evolving and becoming more diverse, both culturally and in terms of religion. This doesn't sit well with the Jesus Whiners, so they're complaining whenever they get the chance. Kim Davis is a perfect opportunity to put their "persecution" out there so we can all sympathize.

Sorry, but Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, and all the other gods are just as important as your God in our society because we have laws that prevent minority religions from being trampled by the tyranny of the majority religion.

I don't hate Christians, but I do hate their superior attitude and general opinion that their religion gets preference. BS. My wife is a devout Christian, and several of my kids are Christian, and I'm fine with it. They respect my questioning of the existence of a God, and I respect their belief in Him. Everyone gets along.

When I was younger I played both football and basketball through high school, and hated it when I had a Christian coach who would insist on doing a prayer, or thanking God after a win. I used to go along with it, and later, refused to take part. It would have been "outrageous" to have a Muslim, Hindu or some other type of religious prayer, but Christianity was OK, because almost everyone was Christian. This is wrong.

We're supposed to have freedom of religion, but what we have is freedom to be a Christian and tell everyone else how to live, which is effing crap.
Believe it or not I agree with you on your post (except for the parallel 'gods'....small g emphasized)... and the Christian faith should be seen and not just heard.

There was a crippled man in the line to get groceries paid for (he had absolutely no use of his legs from birth but used crutches) a few yrs ago when a youth pastor, who the crippled guy knew, snuck two 20 $ bills into his grocery sack as he headed out the door. His groceries cost about $40 that day.

Somehow the crippled guy figured out who put the $ in his sack (a guess I guessed) and called the pastor up and asked if he could get him a ride to his church the next Sunday.

That's what true Christians do for others...without the fanfare and praises of men.

If I was Kim I would have resigned so I would not have to be a part of what was ungodly as depicted so in my Bible.

If God is faithful then prove it by living it. Period.

10 point

We can all get defensive about strongly held beliefs and non beliefs. It's a human trait, right or wrong.

But the most damage done in the name of Jesus is responding with unloving comments and I have done that myself. It's not what we wanted to do but it happens because we feel like our faith (and purpose) is belittled. That is painful.

In the Bible we read over and over again that God speaks to us in quiet ways, to our spirit, but rarely in the pew jumping and screaming tirades that shallow folks call conviction.

"Love your neighbor as (you love) yourself" is part of the greatest commandment spoken.

We all fail that from time to time but we are always maturing in our attitudes if we truly care.

Loving (respecting) even those who hate you is the greatest test.

We forget that God has forgiven us for great wrongs and failures (if a person believes) so maybe humility should be the soil that every action should grow from.

Sometimes we miss the mark.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

qGDqVCx.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Believe it or not I agree with you on your post (except for the parallel 'gods'....small g emphasized)... and the Christian faith should be seen and not just heard.

There was a crippled man in the line to get groceries paid for (he had absolutely no use of his legs from birth but used crutches) a few yrs ago when a youth pastor, who the crippled guy knew, snuck two 20 $ bills into his grocery sack as he headed out the door. His groceries cost about $40 that day.

Somehow the crippled guy figured out who put the $ in his sack (a guess I guessed) and called the pastor up and asked if he could get him a ride to his church the next Sunday.

That's what true Christians do for others...without the fanfare and praises of men.

If I was Kim I would have resigned so I would not have to be a part of what was ungodly as depicted so in my Bible.

If God is faithful then prove it by living it. Period.

Excellent post.