Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

rod

Retired 22 years
Thanks ... the public performance license was what I was referencing.
I guess one can sue over anything but in this case it would be a civil suit.

UPS could sue if a movie ever depicts a UPS Driver delivering drugs or having sex.
I have never seen that in a movie.
I have seen thousands of UPS package cars in movies.

I'm surprised they didn't put up more of a fuss when this came out. Other than not saying UPS on his uniform he pretty much nailed it.

trickpony1

I don't know why, it could just be me, but the driver shown in post #504 is what I picture one of our pkg car drivers from the upper area of New York state might be like.

wkmac

If Kim Davis is entitled and protected by law to use her beliefs as a guide to enforce law on everyone else as she sees fit, would not Julie Bindel also have that same right if she is elected to political office?

rod

Retired 22 years
If Kim Davis is entitled and protected by law to use her beliefs as a guide to enforce law on everyone else as she sees fit, would not Julie Bindel also have that same right if she is elected to political office?

Maybe Bruce Jenner is on to something---no consentration camp for him

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Again....please.....the grownups are talking.
9c8c0170cf056a4e1bb11c5a6cfa8ac3bd1c97a7c5d37e5dca4b92bbd8cda1e7.jpg

I just cant seem to wrap my head around Kim Davis' adulterous pregnancy and yet she still manages to be a bigot. Oh what a cognitive dissonance that must be. My center manager is nothing compared to her when it comes to being unreasonable.

wkmac

I just cant seem to wrap my head around Kim Davis' adulterous pregnancy and yet she still manages to be a bigot. Oh what a cognitive dissonance that must be. My center manager is nothing compared to her when it comes to being unreasonable.

Humans are walking contradictions, even outside of religion and Ms. Davis is just one more living example of that fact.

brett636

It amazes me how little thought you put into supporting this article. If holding a certain point of view is a sign of a psychological disorder this only furthers to discredit the world of psychology as we know it today. First they take an obvious mental disorder off the list of mental disorders, and instead of reexamining this obvious mistake they double down and say if you disagree with our point of view you have psychological problems. How lame, and possibly dangerous, is that? Maybe next they will say all gun owners have psychological problems(my bet is some nutcase psychologist already has), or every conservative thinker has deep psychological issues? I know you are probably sitting there nodding your head in agreement with these suggestions because they are in line with your short sighted thinking. What if at some point in the future the tide turns and now your viewpoints become psychological issues? Its a ridiculous notion to even accept regardless of what side of the issue you are on.

MAKAVELI

It amazes me how little thought you put into supporting this article. If holding a certain point of view is a sign of a psychological disorder this only furthers to discredit the world of psychology as we know it today. First they take an obvious mental disorder off the list of mental disorders, and instead of reexamining this obvious mistake they double down and say if you disagree with our point of view you have psychological problems. How lame, and possibly dangerous, is that? Maybe next they will say all gun owners have psychological problems(my bet is some nutcase psychologist already has), or every conservative thinker has deep psychological issues? I know you are probably sitting there nodding your head in agreement with these suggestions because they are in line with your short sighted thinking. What if at some point in the future the tide turns and now your viewpoints become psychological issues? Its a ridiculous notion to even accept regardless of what side of the issue you are on.
The truth hurts doesn't it?;)