Kinda Worried, PVD squad reporting in.

Themanthatdid

I worked as a FT Package Car Driver in 2019 but had to resign for personal reasons. Long story short I been working as a seasonal PVD but exhausted my money in gas everyday. If I quit will that destroy my chances of getting back on the rehire list for a second time ?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I worked as a FT Package Car Driver in 2019 but had to resign for personal reasons. Long story short I been working as a seasonal PVD but exhausted my money in gas everyday. If I quit will that destroy my chances of getting back on the rehire list for a second time ?

The PVD’s in my area are making $37.xx per hour plus mileage... how is gas money an issue?

Themanthatdid

Find employment elsewhere , it didn’t work before ...it won’t work again.
The PVD’s in my area are making $37.xx per hour plus mileage... how is gas money an issue?
We make 21.50$ Plus mileage. I have a Pick-Up Truck doing 180 packages and 130 stops a day. But it’s fine I’ll take a PT position instead and work myself up to FT again. I just can’t deal with the daily gas bill and future maintenance on my vehicle.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We make 21.50$ Plus mileage. I have a Pick-Up Truck doing 180 packages and 130 stops a day. But it’s fine I’ll take a PT position instead and work myself up to FT again. I just can’t deal with the daily gas bill and future maintenance on my vehicle.
Have you ever thought maybe a pickup truck isn’t the best vehicle for a PVD?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

LMAO.
For those who may not remember OP:

This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.

Personal reasons, huh?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Union blocked the PVDs here , everyones crushed BUT AT LEAST EVERYONE IS A UNION BROTHER
Union should have blocked PVD the first peak they were introduced. Said we will visit that at the bargaining table next contract.

Instead they just willfully opened Pandora’s box and didn’t even attempt to do something about it this last contract.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
How many chances should ups give you?