KOLOB Celebrates Romney Primary Victories

bbsam

Staff member
Interesting you guys attack the tea party and cite "Frank Graham" without ever refuting anything from the tea party or your right wing extremists and when I call it a straw man argument instead of refuting any of my statements, or even answering any questions that I posed, you defend your straw man fallacy by saying it isn't exactly a straw man fallacy.

OK it's not exactly a straw man fallacy. How about defending your statement that the Church of Jesus Christ is not Christian or even pointing out how you can claim that Mormonism is more of a cult than Islam?
I don't claim that Mormons are not Christians. In fact, I believe they are. I simply pointed out that MFE has company in the christian evangelical community who support his idea and therefore it is not some kind of left-wing hack job on Romney.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Didn't sound like you were mocking. Sounded like you waded into an area that due to you being "apathetic to religion", you really had nothing worth while to say and so MFE is correct in saying you have nothing.

Did you go to the TOS School of Broadcasting ?

bbsam

Staff member
"you have nothing to say, therefore you are nothing"....that's the first year's curriculum!!
In the interest of not looking foolish, you might want to go back and read carefully what has been posted here in the last 20 posts or so. Probably won't help, but hey, it's worth a shot.

av8torntn

I don't claim that Mormons are not Christians. In fact, I believe they are. I simply pointed out that MFE has company in the christian evangelical community who support his idea and therefore it is not some kind of left-wing hack job on Romney.

Come on don't run from it now.

That's not even close to what you did.

av8torntn

That's ridiculous. Frank Graham earlier this year couldn't call Mormons Christians and couldn't say they weren't a cult. So I wonder, how far right are you to make Frank Graham a "far left extremist"?

So did this Frank guy claim they were not Christians or claim they were a cult? You've failed to make the connection of this Frank guy to this discussion. Are you claiming that he is an expert on mormonism and he does not call them a cult or are you claiming that he isn't an expert on mormonism and couldn't say they were not a cult. What does any of this have to do with my statement that Mormonism is no more or less of a cult than Islam?

You claimed that you corrected me so go ahead and make your correction a little clearer.

bbsam

Staff member
So did this Frank guy claim they were not Christians or claim they were a cult? You've failed to make the connection of this Frank guy to this discussion. Are you claiming that he is an expert on mormonism and he does not call them a cult or are you claiming that he isn't an expert on mormonism and couldn't say they were not a cult. What does any of this have to do with my statement that Mormonism is no more or less of a cult than Islam?

You claimed that you corrected me so go ahead and make your correction a little clearer.
I think it is clear what I said. Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham (the noted evangelical christian minister) is on record as saying that Mormons are not Christians and could not say whether or not they were a cult. Does that make him an expert? Nope. But many evangelicals will listen to him as though he were. Many will take his word on what "is Christian" and what "is not Christian".

It has to do with (for the third time now) that this is not some kind of left-wing hack job. Mormons over the centuries have not been accepted by the larger body of Christians in this country and have often been considered a cult by the population at large.

av8torntn

I think it is clear what I said. Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham (the noted evangelical christian minister) is on record as saying that Mormons are not Christians and could not say whether or not they were a cult. Does that make him an expert? Nope. But many evangelicals will listen to him as though he were. Many will take his word on what "is Christian" and what "is not Christian".

It has to do with (for the third time now) that this is not some kind of left-wing hack job. Mormons over the centuries have not been accepted by the larger body of Christians in this country and have often been considered a cult by the population at large.

Well I have heard of Billy Graham. He is an old TV preacher right?

I quoted your statement that you posted. Your original statement was that Frank didn't know if Mormons were Christians or a cult. You are now saying that he claims they are not Christians and are a cult but that he is not an expert on the subject of Mormonism. I'm not even sure how you can even claim this wasn't an attempt by you at a straw man fallacy. But whatever the case you just admitted his opinion, whatever it is, does not even come from the view of an expert.

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't matter if he is an expert or not. He is viewed as a leader of the evangelical right and thus considered by it's followers an "expert".

bbsam

Staff member
If I knew how to post video links, I would. But then again, if you cared, you could google it yourself...but you really have no intention of doing that, now do you?

av8torntn

Doesn't matter if he is an expert or not. He is viewed as a leader of the evangelical right and thus considered by it's followers an "expert".

But you just claimed he wasn't an expert. All of this just enforces my claim that you failed at your attempt of a straw man argument. Nothing in your claims or your claims of the things that this Frank guy has said refutes anything that I posted nor do they even attempt to refute anything that I had posted. You reached "the other side" type of epic failure on this one.

It really must really bug the extreme leftists when I said that Mormonism is no more or less of a cult than Islam. What is difficult to understand is that if my statement were incorrect why did nobody come with some proof? If all you guys really have is a statement by this Frank guy that he didn't know if Mormons were Christian or Cult, while entertaining and irrelevant, does nothing to disprove what I said.

av8torntn

If I knew how to post video links, I would. But then again, if you cared, you could google it yourself...but you really have no intention of doing that, now do you?

You are correct I really do not care what he said. I never even heard of him before you brought him up. I assume that what you said was correct and he doesn't know if Mormons are Christian or a cult. I also assume that it does nothing to refute what I said.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

[video=youtube;xrn76pgie10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrn76pgie10&feature=related[/video]

His comments on Romney start at 1:50. For what it's worth, I don't care one way or the other.

av8torntn

[video=youtube;xrn76pgie10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrn76pgie10&feature=related[/video]

His comments on Romney start at 1:50. For what it's worth, I don't care one way or the other.

Wow that's shocking. After all of that this Frank guy said Mormons believe in Jesus Christ.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In the interest of not looking foolish, you might want to go back and read carefully what has been posted here in the last 20 posts or so. Probably won't help, but hey, it's worth a shot.
You agreed with MFE that AV8 had nothing..... granted, I've mixed up MFE and BBsam again......It's actually very easy to do because you both seem to have gotten your training from the same place. MFE is just a bit more spiteful and toxic. BBsam has shown some humanity from time to time.