Labor Day schedule change...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To be clear, they’re changing our schedule on September 7th (Labor Day...day we’re already off) to Tues-Sat. They’re giving us “off” Monday’s holiday. Makes sense?
You’ll be paid 6th punch for Saturday I believe. Least that’s how it works here.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
This becoming a big issue in CS. It’s a forced sixth punch, and the heat and 6 work days a week is burning out the lower seniority drivers. Work as directed, then file. Seems in my Center, most drivers sign up for any extra work , yet they are not allowed to run a full route Saturday.

This becoming a big issue in CS. It’s a forced sixth punch, and the heat and 6 work days a week is burning out the lower seniority drivers. Work as directed, then file. Seems in my Center, most drivers sign up for any extra work , yet they are not allowed to run a full route Saturday.
as long as I have the hours available they let me work a full route on a Saturday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

People here are so sick of WAD then file. Stacks of grievances over the same issues. 6 months later we have hearing. BA “don’t worry they won’t do that anymore”

2 weeks later WAD and file. Guess we will have hearings in 6 months.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lower seniority drivers (Texas) were told today we’re being switched to Tues-Sat on Labor Day week. We’re already off/paid on Monday. They’re not giving us a “day off.” Some really shady poopie they’re doing! Is this allowed?

Do you have 22.4's in your center? Seems to me that you have to bid on a schedule, not just get it changed up whenever the company feels like it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BA says it’s allowed because it’s 5 consecutive work days and more than a week notice. Just the principle of “scheduling us” on a paid holiday is BS. Thanks for the input!
The holiday is Monday and we are closed so whatcha' talkin' bout?