Labor shortage concern at Fedex

Star B

White Lightening
Yep. Hard to compete with free money.
Free money and I think that people are waking up to how :censored2:ty their employer was treating them. They don't want to work for peanuts while the CEOs make billions. I come to this conclusion that most of these people have not had the luxury to stop, step back, and assess what they should really be making until c19 and the stimmy/ui bonuses.

But then I could just be thinking out of my ass.

SmithBarney

Have you seen the volume levels we have? Did you see the latest earnings report?
Irrelevant if the customers don't stay, it not about how the company is doing, the earnings report is BS because FDX cancelled the money back guarantee for the last year+, pure profit on all those FO PO SO packages that weren't attempted at proper times.

Volume isn't much different(pre-response), what is different is "response" we've added 40 routes, and restructured all the rest. Response was suppose to fix late flights, they are later than ever,
AM route restructuring even if the planes are on-time are impossible to make service on.(because I'm guessing they restructured based on 3 year old data, volume has grown and they didn't take it into account)
Midday routes bring stuff back everyday because it's late or they have to start pickups.

It's a disaster, 2 managers just quit because they have no control over routes...apparently only vacations, timecards and accidents are the things they handle.

bacha29

Sure I do. I send $1.99 each week to E friend Hutton. I have all my money invested in American Motors Corporation. I feel like the Gremlin is on the verge of changing the American car industry. What do you think?
Your comments are a clear confirmation of what we've said all along..... You're still stuck in the 70's .

falcon back

Good for you guys.👍

About time Fred pays a livable wage to somebody, other than the pilots.
Many of us lived and retired very comfortably on what we made as employees. Because your lack of money management put you in a bind, don't blame the company. Everyone here admits the older employees made a good living, yet you couldn't manage to get by on it. That fault falls on you.

It will be fine

If freight went union, there isn’t an express RTD that would stay.
After a massive push the teamsters got only 2 stations to vote them in at Freight. The teamsters didn’t get a contract and were kicked out within a year or two. I don’t believe FedEx is too terribly concerned about the unions.

MAKAVELI

After a massive push the teamsters got only 2 stations to vote them in at Freight. The teamsters didn’t get a contract and were kicked out within a year or two. I don’t believe FedEx is too terribly concerned about the unions.
They spent $millions on a union busting campaign and like others said FedEx bent over to keep the teamsters out. Freight drivers are the only hourlies that have a three year progression besides the union pilots. They are definitely concerned about the teamsters.

It will be fine

They spent $millions on a union busting campaign and like others said FedEx bent over to keep the teamsters out. Freight drivers are the only hourlies that have a three year progression besides the union pilots. They are definitely concerned about the teamsters.
I don’t understand why you guys still believe the fairy tale of the teamsters riding in on their white horses to save you from the evil corporation you choose to work for. It’s a strange fantasy. What do you get out of it?