Last minute change of mind on working Saturday

Ghost in the Darkness

They told us Wednesday we were working Saturday (today), then said Saturday work was cancelled on Friday morning.
What's going on where you are? Are T-S centers still "requiring" M-friend drivers to work this week? Are you swamped in trailers? Do you have a lot of customers asking about packages that should be out for delivery but are not? Do you notice tracking "funny business" for packages? Are your Hello Fresh packages leaking...lol?
We have heard whispers of centers in Maine behind almost a month behind. Here everyday day is heavy still. Working OT Saturdays really doesn't help a lot in the rural areas. In my opinion its a waste of money for certain places. Plenty of rumors of building UPS supercenters... I know its not going to happen.
Just share whats going on where you are.

Last edited:

DriverNerd

We are not working 70's this week, though everyone is working 60 (I finished with 59.5). We are extremely busy, but we've been able to process and deliver most of the packages that we get except for misloads and some irregs that don't fit. We've also heard rumors about Oakland, Philadelphia, multiple new England states, Chicago and Detroit all being behind. I don't live in any of those areas, so I have no idea who is behind and who isn't.

rod

Retired 22 years
We are not working 70's this week, though everyone is working 60 (I finished with 59.5). We are extremely busy, but we've been able to process and deliver most of the packages that we get except for misloads and some irregs that don't fit. We've also heard rumors about Oakland, Philadelphia, multiple new England states, Chicago and Detroit all being behind. I don't live in any of those areas, so I have no idea who is behind and who isn't.

I have no idea about anything at UPS but I don't let that don't stop me. Most of the rookies on here who think they have an idea are totally clueless.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They want to add 35 routes for ground delivery on saturdays but only want to hire 15 22.4s and then force bottom up 20 m-friend drivers. That’s fine, we don’t have a 70 hour here so I’ll just get my 60 before Saturday.

Air Recovery

California is horribly behind. Sacramento and Oakland are swimming in irregs. 20+ retain trailers of just irregs. Customers at the will call with the line over 100 waiting for their :censored2:.....supposed to hire 50 drivers but they are instantly quitting.....

Peak season, great money

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
our buildi g is suspendi g sat geound for 4 weeks. movi g all t-s to m-friend, except their pay codes. their mo day will still be a 6th punch, but they wont be working on sat. so lower seniority guys are noe m-friend at 4 days straight and 1 day tine and a half, and the normal m-friend only get 5 days at straight time. anyone know what i should file under? (NE sup)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
our buildi g is suspendi g sat geound for 4 weeks. movi g all t-s to m-friend, except their pay codes. their mo day will still be a 6th punch, but they wont be working on sat. so lower seniority guys are noe m-friend at 4 days straight and 1 day tine and a half, and the normal m-friend only get 5 days at straight time. anyone know what i should file under? (NE sup)

Have somebody that can spell and string a sentence together help you fill out grievance

Ghost in the Darkness

I would think the section where it talks about M-friend & T-S. If they are cutting Saturday ground then they aren't T-S anymore. What are they doing 4 tens and forcing them in on Fridays?

Ghost in the Darkness

I think they are starting to realize they are losing money doing Saturdays. Our center manager was trying convince us that if we didn't work a Saturday we would have a 16 hour day in a Monday. Such a maroon, adding 2 days together means you run a loop twice, put it together you run it once... less miles and less hours then seperately... and these are the people who run ups...lol.

Est.1998

I think they are starting to realize they are losing money doing Saturdays. Our center manager was trying convince us that if we didn't work a Saturday we would have a 16 hour day in a Monday. Such a maroon, adding 2 days together means you run a loop twice, put it together you run it once... less miles and less hours then seperately... and these are the people who run ups...lol.
I heard they were losing money on Saturday ground weeks after it was stated. What gets me is they not only keep it around, but they are trying to throw Sunday in the mix.

Est.1998

Our building is suspending Saturday ground for 4 weeks.
Tues-Sat drivers are now Mon-Fri, except their pay codes.
Monday will still be a 6th punch at time and a half, despite them not working Saturday.
Everyone else will only get 5 days at straight time. Anyone know what i should file under? (NE sup)
There, i fixed it.
I was bored and wanted to scratch editor in chief from my bucket list.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
16 hrs? Pffft... what a stupid threat. The correct response to that is, “I guess I’ll be bring a bunch of :censored3: back on Monday night.”

Poop Head

Judge me.
This cannot be emphasized enough.

We have had legit 9/5 grievances thrown out because they were written so poorly everyone just looked at each other, blinked and said, "Wut?"
Its best to go into great detail how it affects your personal life. Even better to write out how it makes you feel.