Last minute change of mind on working Saturday

35years

Gravy route
Lets see...
Work Saturday doing Monday work at time and 1/2
OR
Take Saturday off and make triple time on Monday after 9.5 hours because of extra volume

We are forced Saturdays; 1/3 call in sick.
Some are calling in sick Friday so they don't get a diad message to work Saturday; so a 3 day weekend.

I heard they canceled forcing on Saturday at one hub because of a threatened strike.

Mountains of irregs not going out. Rolling, rolling, rolling.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Lets see...
Work Saturday doing Monday work at time and 1/2
OR
Take Saturday off and make triple time on Monday after 9.5 hours because of extra volume

We are forced Saturdays; 1/3 call in sick.
Some are calling in sick Friday so they don't get a diad message to work Saturday; so a 3 day weekend.

I heard they canceled forcing on Saturday at one hub because of a threatened strike.
I love the way you guys handled that and made the company back down. Great work!!!

35years

Gravy route
Yep,
One driver I talked to was told to come back and punch out Friday (they didn't want him over 9.5 for triple time) so he would then put in the rest of his 60 on Saturday...

Management thought they were being so smart. Pay him time and 1/2 rather than triple time.

The driver worked as directed and came in at 9.5 hours Friday. THEN Called in sick Saturday.

Gave me a good laugh!

60 or 70 hour weeks year round is not OK. The rules change if they are taking advantage of us. We are not slaves. Hire more drivers.

tramtwo

I wonder when the discipline will rise to the level of termination for refusing to work a 6th day. It's obvious the language in the contract was about exceptions in volumes not a new business model implemented with insufficient labor. So every two weeks we're working three weeks worth of hours. In a month it's equivalent to 6 weeks worth of work who the **** can keep that up forever?!

We always laugh about how dumb management is but rolling this out under the cover of covid-19 is genius.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I wonder when the discipline will rise to the level of termination for refusing to work a 6th day. It's obvious the language in the contract was about exceptions in volumes not a new business model implemented with insufficient labor. So every two weeks we're working three weeks worth of hours. In a month it's equivalent to 6 weeks worth of work who the **** can keep that up forever?!

We always laugh about how dumb management is but rolling this out under the cover of covid-19 is genius.
They’re just blatantly exploiting the situation, in classic UPS style. I seriously feel like I’m in the matrix in the building sometimes, we’re all just machine henchmen. I’m willing to fight and push this to the next level and get to panel and let them explain to me how its justified that I should be punished for being unwilling to work a peak schedule year round.
They have their next generation of workers pegged all wrong; they don’t understand.....millennials and younger grew up knowing that the system is corrupt, most of us are apathetic losers, and we’re not going to put up with your bs.
I’m on the 9.5 list for a reason. I’m not married still live by myself and I’m smart with my money; I’m far more financially successful than I ever dreamed I would be and I’m not even at top rate. I’m not trying to grind myself down until the wheels fall off; When I go out it’ll be on my terms. I’m not sacrificing my life for this place man

11.19igrad

They’re just blatantly exploiting the situation, in classic UPS style. I seriously feel like I’m in the matrix in the building sometimes, we’re all just machine henchmen. I’m willing to fight and push this to the next level and get to panel and let them explain to me how its justified that I should be punished for being unwilling to work a peak schedule year round.
They have their next generation of workers pegged all wrong; they don’t understand.....millennials and younger grew up knowing that the system is corrupt, most of us are apathetic losers, and we’re not going to put up with your bs.
I’m on the 9.5 list for a reason. I’m not married still live by myself and I’m smart with my money; I’m far more financially successful than I ever dreamed I would be and I’m not even at top rate. I’m not trying to grind myself down until the wheels fall off; When I go out it’ll be on my terms. I’m not sacrificing my life for this place man
Man those crickets are singing...

Superteeth2478

California is horribly behind. Sacramento and Oakland are swimming in irregs. 20+ retain trailers of just irregs. Customers at the will call with the line over 100 waiting for their :censored2:.....supposed to hire 50 drivers but they are instantly quitting.....

Peak season, great money
What are the start times like over there for preload?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They really have no clue how much they’re gonna have to change the job for the upcoming generation. Either that or they want the revolving door. Problem with that is eventually word will get around that this isn’t a career any more and there won’t be willing people to fill the voids.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They really have no clue how much they’re gonna have to change the job for the upcoming generation. Either that or they want the revolving door. Problem with that is eventually word will get around that this isn’t a career any more and there won’t be willing people to fill the voids.
They want a revolving door of 22.4s until the last of the career guys get out. I just made it FT before all this crap went down. I’ll probably be the last generation of career drivers.

ManInBrown

That’s the problem. They want a revolving door. Less Employees reaching full rate. Less employees with 4,5,6,7 weeks of vacation. Corporate will stick the onus of center management level to deal with the constant turnover. Newer package drivers need to stand up for themselves. Don’t work a 6th day. Tell them nope, can’t work safely. Don’t give into their nonsense. The mountain of irregs piling up every day and the rolled stops are not the problem of package car drivers. That’s their problem. One of the greatest sights every peak when I was in package was bringing it in at 14 and on my way out the door watching my center manager and on-car supervisors running around like their pants were on fire. Never forget when that DIAD goes in the rack, your day is over. Their day never ends. 24-7-365