Late air... As an air driver

BUCN85

I have been air driving after preload now for maybe a month or a little more. Today my last stop was late. 2 stops before that I had to wait about 5 mins for a signature because nobody said they could sign for the pkgs. this was my reasoning for late. Do they have any sort of stipulations for late air where they can take you off of air. Or would it be at our center manager discretion

PT Car Washer

I have had lots of late air during my career. As long as you are making a good faith effort I think they will keep using you. Your center manager is the one taking the heat for late air. He will let you know if you are the problem or if it is the dispatch. Just don't crash or cheat to avoid late air.

BUCN85

I'm pretty much learning as I go. There was supposed to be a receiving dock but I couldn't find it (at a hospital). Lady at the front said due to construction go to the check in on the corner of the building. Did that and that's where I got the run around. Drove by on my way home. Found the receiving area. Which was not under construction. Oh well. I know now for next time. It's a learning process. Load the trucks. Go change and then I find out my stops. No advice no nothing, just get out of the buidling I'm told haha. UPS...

Ouch

Where is that in the diad. Non delivery and there's an option for that?

On the old diad is was under other. I would just explain to the sup what happened if they make a big deal out of it tell them you did the best and safest job you could do.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You made a good attempt and thats all you can do. "Not Ready 1" and GPS is your friend if you are that address and some lazy person won't sign. I would like to think that your center manager realizes that you aren't familiar with the stop, and most of the time its not a game stopper if that package is delivered later. I have seen Next Day Air sit on a dock for a week before anybody looked at it.

BUCN85

Well thanks this all makes me feel better about the situation. I'll deffinetly sheet it differently. Fortunately my last stop was delivered at 10:31 and the lady accepted it and tossed it to the side

iruhnman630

Fuggehdabouditt.

If it starts to happen on a regular basis, they will be concerned as would any employer with a struggling new employee. But once? And with good reason? Nah.

It won't be your last late air. If (when) you do ever screw one up, and you know it's your fault, just suck it up and admit your mistake. Never cheat.

'Not Ready' is one of the non-delivery options.

scoutlover

In our center, if you use "not ready" on anything other than a call tag you get a warning letter so we have to use "not in". Might want to check with management first on how you should record a package when it happens again.

BUCN85

Yea I talked to on road sup. he said just tell the people you will be back because you have other air stops. And check it off as not in 1

didyousheetit

Yea I talked to on road sup. he said just tell the people you will be back because you have other air stops. And check it off as not in 1
Yes,I've always loved the I'll be with you in a minute. Tell them you will be be back later other people want their packages early.