Late start, I know why and it's not going to change anytime soon.

onewithedd

UPS always takes the back seat to fedex even to the point that fedex has taken a lot of our bulk commercial stops from us and we let them. While we were spending, and still spending billions on technology that doesn’t work, they were steeling our business to business customers, while we were bitching about how much residential deliveries cost us

barnyard

KTM rider
UPS always takes the back seat to fedex even to the point that fedex has taken a lot of our bulk commercial stops from us and we let them. While we were spending, and still spending billions on technology that doesn’t work, they were steeling our business to business customers, while we were bitching about how much residential deliveries cost us

This is painfully true. We used to have to deliver the local hospital with a semi because of the number of pieces every day. Now it is delivered in a package car. Back when I had a route with a hospital, I saw the piece count, over time, drop to less than half of what it was. The accountants loved it because it was cheaper, the receiving staff hated it. They were my 1st stop, FE got there around 1300.

SmithBarney

"FedEx did not disclose details of the Amazon contract, but Wassmer said Amazon represented less than 1.3% of FedEx revenue last year"
..."It's "a strategic decision" that will let FedEx focus on thousands of other retailers including Target, Walgreens and Walmart, company spokeswoman Katie Wassmer."

Exactly, there probably wasn't enough profit from the excess Express volume AMZ created. Not to mention it probably was hurting overall production and service levels.