Late start times

rod

Retired 22 years
Late start time=troops get done about the same time as normal. Seem it happen all the time. That is why they always scheduled the sheet writing tests and United Way presentations on Friday. They knew most of the drivers would run like hell and skip breaks just to get off at a decent hour.

Late start time=troops get done about the same time as normal. Seem it happen all the time. That is why they always scheduled the sheet writing tests and United Way presentations on Friday. They knew most of the drivers would run like hell and skip breaks just to get off at a decent hour.
Or they would load you up the Friday before vacation.

That's what you save your 8 hour requests for.

rod

Retired 22 years
Or they would load you up the Friday before vacation.

That's what you save your 8 hour requests for.
It’s funny how my idea of 8 hours and theirs always contradicted each other. If I truly needed off early I would keep my mouth shut and farm stops out to other drivers. A group of us always worked together to help each other out. I even have an old warning letter I got for “dispatching myself”.

It’s funny how my idea of 8 hours and theirs always contradicted each other. If I truly needed off early I would keep my mouth shut and farm stops out to other drivers. A group of us always worked together to help each other out. I even have an old warning letter I got for “dispatching myself”.
Too much technology now

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yeah-we were pretty bad ass back then-working together to get the stuff delivered and helping out a friend. UPS has done nothing but go down hill.
I still do this with my coworkers, if I'm done early and have to wait on a late pick up I will go and do some of their pick ups for them so they can finish delivering.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
With no air commits this week they will push the start time and let the preload do a majority of the loading. UPS doesn't care how late you are out, supervisors leave early and all the guys with volume have back up on stand by with any issues.