Late start times

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Robretro, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Robretro

Robretro Member

how do they save money? Everybody just stays out late.

2. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

9:30 posted start time this week. More like 10-10:15

3. No dead time waiting for freight, plus they are banking on you working faster to get done earlier

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I got a surprise for them , lol

5. Calling off?

6. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

LATE START = LATE FINISH

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Late start time=troops get done about the same time as normal. Seem it happen all the time. That is why they always scheduled the sheet writing tests and United Way presentations on Friday. They knew most of the drivers would run like hell and skip breaks just to get off at a decent hour.

8. Or they would load you up the Friday before vacation.

That's what you save your 8 hour requests for.

9. rod

It’s funny how my idea of 8 hours and theirs always contradicted each other. If I truly needed off early I would keep my mouth shut and farm stops out to other drivers. A group of us always worked together to help each other out. I even have an old warning letter I got for “dispatching myself”.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. Too much technology now

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. rod

Are you saying UPS is different now?

12. Not as easy as you had it.

13. rod

Yeah-we were pretty bad ass back then-working together to get the stuff delivered and helping out a friend. UPS has done nothing but go down hill.

14. It's definitely a different company. Tell me what to do and give my paycheck. I have no :censored2:ing clue how to do my job

15. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

How are they even permitted to change your bid start time thought? There’s no weather situation.

16. Here they have to tell is by the end of our shift.

17. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

I still do this with my coworkers, if I'm done early and have to wait on a late pick up I will go and do some of their pick ups for them so they can finish delivering.

18. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Gotta text this morning at 7:15, "Air is heavier and later than yesterday. 10AM start"

later in the evening, "you must take your full 1 hour lunch"

19. They can't change ours by more than 15 minutes on the morning, must give one hours notice.

20. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

With no air commits this week they will push the start time and let the preload do a majority of the loading. UPS doesn't care how late you are out, supervisors leave early and all the guys with volume have back up on stand by with any issues.