Latest takeaway

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A guy in my station got his 27 year safe driving award today. He was pizzed.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Apparently, safe driving isn't worth much nowadays. You get a metal piece with slots. It is 8 or 9 inches long and 2-3 inches wide. In the back slot is a glass piece with a city scene on it. I guess every year your "gift" will be a new icon to add to the display. Don't forget everyone that FedEx is the "People Company".

fdxsux

A guy in my station got his 27 year safe driving award today. He was pizzed. View attachment 93851
View attachment 93850

Apparently, safe driving isn't worth much nowadays. You get a metal piece with slots. It is 8 or 9 inches long and 2-3 inches wide. In the back slot is a glass piece with a city scene on it. I guess every year your "gift" will be a new icon to add to the display. Don't forget everyone that FedEx is the "People Company".
Wow...cool. Plus all that stuff says FedEx on it. Neat.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A guy in my station got his 27 year safe driving award today. He was pizzed. View attachment 93851
View attachment 93850

Reminds me of the board pieces in my Monopoly game. Uber collectible!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reminds me of the board pieces in my Monopoly game. Uber collectible!

Cracker Jack toys are of higher quality. This shows you what upper management thinks of us, which is that we are completely disposable and easily impressed by trinket trash.

I think most first graders would be insulted by garbage like this.

It will be fine

View attachment 93850

Well it looks like the first trinket he gets for 27 years is the rear end of a truck. How nice.

vantexan

Cracker Jack toys are of higher quality. This shows you what upper management thinks of us, which is that we are completely disposable and easily impressed by trinket trash.

I think most first graders would be insulted by garbage like this.
I wonder what that 40 year safe driver got? If they're truly going to a 10 year top out then it's no surprise that they're cutting way back everywhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if they do things like cut out that fifth week of vacation, take away personals and floaters and require using vacation instead, charge for new uniforms, and whatever else they conjure up. Purely speculation, but wouldn't be surprising.

Exec32

I wonder what that 40 year safe driver got? If they're truly going to a 10 year top out then it's no surprise that they're cutting way back everywhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if they do things like cut out that fifth week of vacation, take away personals and floaters and require using vacation instead, charge for new uniforms, and whatever else they conjure up. Purely speculation, but wouldn't be surprising.
Short term outlook, less hours, long term part time positions only, then the benefit cuts you mentioned will be next.

bacha29

Given the excessive economization we have seen lately is it greed or are they gearing up for something in the way of a big move on something or somebody? Either way those so called safety awards they hand out are nothing but a damned insult.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Given the excessive economization we have seen lately is it greed or are they gearing up for something in the way of a big move on something or somebody? Either way those so called safety awards they hand out are nothing but a damned insult.

Hey, they are genuine pewter, and worth at least 10 cents.

fdxsux

I saw him on Frontline this month. I think he got a big plastic FedEx plane to put on his desk.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
All of it belongs in the trash.
I refused to order anything last time I reached another "award" year. My manager asked why, I told him I had enough junk in my home, didn't need more Dollar Store merchandise. He and I were both harassed by Corporate, via email, comat, and postal letters, to PLEASE order something. H3LL NO, this reverse psychology was WAY more fun!:devil2:

dezguy

I refused to order anything last time I reached another "award" year. My manager asked why, I told him I had enough junk in my home, didn't need more Dollar Store merchandise. He and I were both harassed by Corporate, via email, comat, and postal letters, to PLEASE order something. H3LL NO, this reverse psychology was WAY more fun!:devil2:
Same happened to me a few years back. My manager kept harassing me to order something. Finally ordered the dumbest thing I could find (a cutting board that was half the size of a regular sized cutting board.) It was kinda fun watching my manager try to play up this tiny cutting board as some huge benefit to us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Same happened to me a few years back. My manager kept harassing me to order something. Finally ordered the dumbest thing I could find (a cutting board that was half the size of a regular sized cutting board.) It was kinda fun watching my manager try to play up this tiny cutting board as some huge benefit to us.

Our managers have become so good at lying that it's second nature to most of them. It's pretty unbelievable that upper management thinks we don't notice what a low ball outfit this has become.

When a manager gets a 5 Star award for having soft lips and durable kneepads, do they get a pewter trinket? Jesus, we are talking effing cheap here.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The last time I listened to Bruce Williams years ago, he was pitching pre-paid VISA cards. Pretty classy.

Those were issued by a bank of which he had a significant investment. I don't know what class has to do with it. His general philosophy was that if everyone else wanted to ignore a market, he'd take it.

dmac1

They are likely going to end up eliminating express as a separate division and turn over pick-up and delivery to the ISPs. No reason to have their own employees and fleet of vehicles.