Lay the Blame Where it Belongs.....The Members.

SameRightsForAll

Do you understand why lots of people feel that Contract/supplement ratification was leadership’s fault?

If this stands, the Teamsters are done. If you think the membership participation rate in 2018 was bad, wait until you see 2023, when the membership will have been convinced that their votes did not matter in 2018, and their votes still don’t matter 5 years later.

Good luck to recent retirees in the future.

5 years ago I realized that it was a myth that the Teamsters were the most powerful union in the country. It may be the largest, but it's the weakest and most corrupt. Any time you notice things like this some wise guy comes along and says, "oh yea, well what are you doing about it besides complaining?". In other words, they're not disagreeing with me but they think that everybody can just quit their post and become a leader and fix everything. Maybe we can clean house at the ballot box soon starting with Hoffa and Taylor and ending at every BA and steward that has demonstrated to care more about the company bottom line than the Teamsters UNION they are supposed to represent.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
5 years ago I realized that it was a myth that the Teamsters were the most powerful union in the country. It may be the largest, but it's the weakest and most corrupt. Any time you notice things like this some wise guy comes along and says, "oh yea, well what are you doing about it besides complaining?". In other words, they're not disagreeing with me but they think that everybody can just quit their post and become a leader and fix everything. Maybe we can clean house at the ballot box soon starting with Hoffa and Taylor and ending at every BA and steward that has demonstrated to care more about the company bottom line than the Teamsters UNION they are supposed to represent.
The top guys gotta be last ones out. Start from the bottom, vote out your local level Hofficers, they are gonna jump on the next guy weather it’s S.O. Or friend.Z. Bandwagon and we will still be screwed. Know your local leader, don’t just follow them anymore.

mikejonesjr

That's just what the IBT wants. Blame fellow teamsters for not reaching a made up arbitrary vote count that they didn't even abide by last contract with the supplements.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I have to agree with the OP. If we believe our leaders are not bargaining in good faith. It is OUR responsibility to cast enough ballots to reject this ballot. We had EVERY opportunity to vote this contract down, yet we did not. The fault goes to us as members.

DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOUR VOTE MATTERS IN ANYTHING AT THE TEAMSTERS AFTER WHAT HAS BEEN DONE?

I mean no offense trousers but Jesus, you can not be this dense!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thanks for the flame bait.
1) There are reports from members claiming they didn't get a ballot. Are you willing to reverse your opinion if it's discovered that MANY members could not vote or their vote was disqualified after the election for some reason?
2) I find it hard to believe that with UPS management basically threatening to the inside workers that if they didn't vote Yes they wouldn't get a certain raise, that these workers didn't vote. There was a massive effort to get members to vote. If they could have gotten nonmembers to vote, they probably would have.
How long have you worked at UPS? You sound a little naive. No offence intended.

read post #6 , second sentence. I take a share of the blame as well.

LagunaBrown

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone beat their own chest and gloat as much as you have over this subject. In my opinion, you are the sorriest “winner” I have ever seen. Why are you so happy about this? You’re like a child that stomped their feet for a candybar and the sucker parent gave it to you at the supermarket.
You all talked so much :censored2: and thought you had it all figured out. Take it like a man and take ownership for your miscalculation. You guys are the ones acting like kids. You don’t listen to reason and then try to justify it by lashing out at me or blaming the IBT.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You all talked so much :censored2: and thought you had it all figured out. Take it like a man and take ownership for your miscalculation. You guys are the ones acting like kids. You don’t listen to reason and then try to justify it by lashing out at me or blaming the IBT.
I really haven’t said much since the election “results”. Try winning like a man. Don’t think you can do it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have to agree with the OP. If we believe our leaders are not bargaining in good faith. It is OUR responsibility to cast enough ballots to reject this ballot. We had EVERY opportunity to vote this contract down, yet we did not. The fault goes to us as members.

I voted 100% of the votes I was allowed to vote. Next time I'll start breaking fingers until every UPS teamster votes. Anyone want to contribute to my gofundme?

Also, our leaders are required by law to bargain in good faith. If the members believe they aren't we need to file a NLRB complaint.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don’t think I have ever seen anyone beat their own chest and gloat as much as you have over this subject. In my opinion, you are the sorriest “winner” I have ever seen. Why are you so happy about this? You’re like a child that stomped their feet for a candybar and the sucker parent gave it to you at the supermarket.

He also likes to take credit for things he never actually said.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks for the flame bait.
1) There are reports from members claiming they didn't get a ballot. Are you willing to reverse your opinion if it's discovered that MANY members could not vote or their vote was disqualified after the election for some reason?
2) I find it hard to believe that with UPS management basically threatening to the inside workers that if they didn't vote Yes they wouldn't get a certain raise, that these workers didn't vote. There was a massive effort to get members to vote. If they could have gotten nonmembers to vote, they probably would have.

Does anyone know how the union determines if someone is "eligible" to vote on a contract? How do we know the percentages of eligible voters who voted if we don't have guidelines for who is eligible to vote on contracts?

From the IBT election rules:

Article V
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE IN DELEGATE AND INTERNATIONAL OFFICER ELECTION

1. Rules for Determining Voter Eligibility

To be eligible to vote in the election for delegate, alternate delegate, or International Officers, a member must have his/her dues paid up through the month prior to the month in which the election is held. No member whose dues have been withheld by his/her employer for payment to the Local Union pursuant to his/her voluntary authorization provided for in a collective bargaining agreement shall be declared ineligible to vote by reason of a delay or default in the payment of dues by the employer to the Local Union. Persons eligible to vote under this rule shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:

(a) Each person who is otherwise a member in good standing and whose dues are paid through the month prior to the month in which ballots are counted;

(b) Under and in accordance with Article X, Section 5(c), of the IBT Constitution, each member otherwise in good standing whose dues record does not reflect that his/her dues have been paid through the month prior to the month in which ballots are counted, who pays his/her dues by checkoff, and whose employer has remitted dues for him/her in the last remittance made by such employer, provided that such remittance was received within ninety (90) days of the date on which the ballots are counted;

(c) Each newly initiated member who is not in good standing solely because he/she has not fully paid his/her initiation fees, who pays his/her dues and initiation fees by check-off, and who has been employed in excess of six (6) calendar months; and

(d) Each member (1) whose employment is seasonal, (2) who works in the seasonal food industry, (3) who is a member of a Local Union where ten percent (10%) or more of the membership is employed by a seasonal food industry employer, (4) who worked during some period in the twelve months prior to the election, and (5) who paid his/her dues through the last month of their employment.

This applies to elections, but what are the rules for contract votes?

LagunaBrown

He also likes to take credit for things he never actually said.
452FF13C-6D07-48B0-A2CF-0EA4CA65D97D.jpeg

Good thing I have proof. You guys are amateurs. Do I really need to post the thread saying “How bummed are the vote no guys are gonna be when the contract passes due to poor turnout”? Take off your blinders man!

LagunaBrown

All that means is that you warned us we would be sold out? Congratulations? If you "knew" the contract would be imposed, there was no reason to try so hard (yet so poorly) to get people to vote yes. So what exactly did you warn us about? You have as much of a clue now as you did then, none.
Your stupidity on full display. Total denial.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 218039
Good thing I have proof. You guys are amateurs. Do I really need to post the thread saying “How bummed are the vote no guys are gonna be when the contract passes due to poor turnout”? Take off your blinders man!

Since you edited, I'll respond again. Plenty of us acknowledged the possibility of the contract being imposed regardless of the vote. What's your point? What are you so happy about? That the contract had to be imposed against the wishes of the majority of voters? Kinda a crappy thing to gloat about, but you do you.

LagunaBrown

Since you edited, I'll respond again. Plenty of us acknowledged the possibility of the contract being imposed regardless of the vote. What's your point? What are you so happy about? That the contract had to be imposed against the wishes of the majority of voters? Kinda a crappy thing to gloat about, but you do you.
Keep living your delusional world. Enjoy.