Lay the Blame Where it Belongs.....The Members.

F

Frankie's Friend

I totally get why so many people didn't take the time to vote. Ya know..... with the voting process being so tedious and time consuming and all.

:hang: :why: :dont_know:
You've got to realize that many college students, who comprise a bulk of the workforce in larger hubs, change addresses in the summer for the upcoming school year and many never plan to stay anyway. With the attendance bonus and the school voucher $ they're already making better money on the hr than the outlying center pt timers are and that's where the largest pt time voting blocks are. In hubs. With the revolving doors outside the HR office.

Overpaid Union Thug

You've got to realize that many college students, who comprise a bulk of the workforce in larger hubs, change addresses in the summer for the upcoming school year and many never plan to stay anyway. With the attendance bonus and the school voucher $ they're already making better money on the hr than the outlying center pt timers are and that's where the largest pt time voting blocks are. In hubs. With the revolving doors outside the HR office.
Yeah.....because it's impossible to have mail forwarded to a new address. LOL! Plus, those of us that's been around a while (particularly those of us, including feeders, that's worked in multiple buildings) know that there are way too many people (both part-time and full-time) that got their ballots and simply didn't take the time (one whole minute) to punch in their codes on their phones and vote. There's no reason why anyone who wanted to vote should haven't been able to.

Also....many, if not most, college students in RTW States never join anyway and aren't illegible to vote.

Time for change

I totally get why so many people didn't take the time to vote. Ya know..... with the voting process being so tedious and time consuming and all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:hang: :why: :dont_know:
Do you understand the hoops for the that didn’t get a ballot had to go trough? I know a guy who made at least 5 phone calls and still no ballot. Those that are brand new hardly realize they are the in a union or what it means. Keep regurgitating DT bs.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah.....because it's impossible to have mail forwarded to a new address. LOL! Plus, those of us that's been around a while (particularly those of us, including feeders, that's worked in multiple buildings) know that there are way too many people (both part-time and full-time) that got their ballots and simply didn't take the time (one whole minute) to punch in their codes on their phones and vote. There's no reason why anyone who wanted to vote should haven't been able to.

Also....many, if not most, college students in RTW States never join anyway and aren't illegible to vote.
There's a myriad of reasons. Why didnt L89 vote in the percentages they did in 2013?
Prob had something to do with them getting screwed the last time.

Not every state is RTW in case you didnt know.

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok
There's no reason why anyone who didn't want to vote should have a say in the result.
True but anyone who took the time to educate themselves on the process before it started would have known that we were at risk of the Union using the bylaws to ratify a contract even though it was voted down. So, anyone who knew that information and still didn't vote probably shouldn't be complaining about how things have worked out. That's how I look at it anyway.

Overpaid Union Thug

Do you understand the hoops for the that didn’t get a ballot had to go trough? I know a guy who made at least 5 phone calls and still no ballot. Those that are brand new hardly realize they are the in a union or what it means. Keep regurgitating DT bs.
It is not that difficult. If phone calls fail then you call someone farther up the chain. If that fails then you march your ass down to the local if need be and demand a ballot. Let me put it to you this way.... If all of the members that supposedly got screwed would put half the effort into their Union that they do in to fantasy football and arguing about sports none of this would have happened.

Time for change

It is not that difficult. If phone calls fail then you call someone farther up the chain. If that fails then you march your ass down to the local if need be and demand a ballot. Let me put it to you this way.... If all of the members that supposedly got screwed would put half the effort into their Union that they do in to fantasy football and arguing about sports none of this would have happened.
Whatever, some part timer with 45 days here that hardly knows they are in a union doesn’t get a ballot isn’t going to go through hoops, they don’t even know what or why or sometimes that there is even a vote. And there are TONS of new hires. It was a huge increase in turnout, and blaming turnout is ridiculous. Hoffa and Taylor CHOSE to go against the will of the members.

Time for change

The "will" of the members was.... "we don't care".

It's sad to say.
I never heard this once when voting was in the IBT’s favor. In fact they released the strike authorization numbers as it was a resounding strike authorization, now those same numbers are used against the membership. 45% vote is good enough to be the will of almost any other voting block. This is counting part timers that have 45 days with the company and don’t know what the hell is going on and don’t know anything about the union, contracts, voting etc.

trickpony1

Post #71-
The "we don't care" didn't vote.

The "we care" voted and it appears there were more "NO" than "YES".

Simple math, reason and logic would dictate the outcome until the arbitrary and capricious 50+1, 2/3 babble was factored in.

PT Car Washer

Post #71-
The "we don't care" didn't vote.

The "we care" voted and it appears there were more "NO" than "YES".

Simple math, reason and logic would dictate the outcome until the arbitrary and capricious 50+1, 2/3 babble was factored in.
And you had better believe a large share of those no votes were PT. Tired of being short changed again while most of the yes votes were FT with their "I got mine" mentality.

Time for change

93% of only.....23% ?

Thanks TDU, for publishing those numbers.
Considering no information on contract was released at time of strike authorization vote, I’m surprised a single member authorized a strike with absolutely zero information being given. Are we supposed to just trust a union with a long and storied history of corruption? You can keep blaming the people that pay your salary for your failures as you hide behind a computer screen.

F

Frankie's Friend

not every state is right to work but more than half are. So....??
So.....
How many members are in the right to work States versus the ones that are not right to work?

That's more relative to your claim then how many States are or are not right to work..

SameRightsForAll

DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOUR VOTE MATTERS IN ANYTHING AT THE TEAMSTERS AFTER WHAT HAS BEEN DONE?

I mean no offense trousers but Jesus, you can not be this dense!

Teamsters+Drain+The+Swamp.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Whatever, some part timer with 45 days here that hardly knows they are in a union doesn’t get a ballot isn’t going to go through hoops, they don’t even know what or why or sometimes that there is even a vote. And there are TONS of new hires. It was a huge increase in turnout, and blaming turnout is ridiculous. Hoffa and Taylor CHOSE to go against the will of the members.

I'm not blaming those part-timers. I'm blaming the ones that supposedly wanted a ballot and didn't get one. And the people that had a ballot and didn't bother to vote. Blaming those people for not voting is legit because simple math shows that if enough people had taken the time to vote then our negotiating team would not have been able to invoke those bylaws.

Overpaid Union Thug

So.....
How many members are in the right to work States versus the ones that are not right to work?

That's more relative to your claim then how many States are or are not right to work..
I don't have the numbers of members in right to work states versus non right to work states in front of me. But it's probably safe to assume that the western part of the country combined with the South, both of which make up most of the right to work states, more than equals enough members to matter. I know my state (Tennessee) has more buildings in it than most. Or that's what our district manager told us anyway.

If I remember correctly there are 27 right to work states and 23 non right to work states.