Laying off 22.4s.

Brown Down

I've already told the wife any extra this year we are holding off on doing anything with until august. This is on top of what i've already stashed. Its not hard to do.

Brownwind

I've already told the wife any extra this year we are holding off on doing anything with until august. This is on top of what i've already stashed. Its not hard to do.
Remember the first 500 goes into savings. The next 500 goes towards investment.
From there you live on the balance. It’s not easy if you’re in crazy debt so stay away from the strong pull of debt. Take the easy money they offer and cash in while you can. It’s not as bad as everyone says it is

Brown Down

From there you live on the balance. It’s not easy if you’re in crazy debt so stay away from the strong pull of debt. Take the easy money they offer and cash in while you can. It’s not as bad as everyone says it is
I don't do that exactly but close. I'm paying off all my debts in the next 2 years short of my house. That will be in roughly 8 to 10. But I also plan on working 15 to 17 more.

Staydryitsraining

Since the new year, our management team is requiring every RPCD to work a minimum of 3 days per week. They don't like when your benefits are greater than your gross pay. This makes no sense, if and when they are requiring 22.4s to work a full straight time Saturday after being laid off the first four days of their work week. I haven't worked more than 1100 hrs any of the last 4 years. This sucks.
Lol why would management care?

kforte36

It's really not. But there are a lot of drivers who are immature financially.

Brownwind

It's really not. But there are a lot of drivers who are immature financially.
Now is not the time to make bad decisions. I get it that being young you gotta live. Yep have fun and enjoy life. It’s been brought to my attention that I got it good. We all should have it good.

I guess if you aren’t able to save big at least start saving small. Through all your change in a jar and don’t touch it. Another way to go is to throw twenty bucks a week into a jar. You’d be surprised how much you can save.

kforte36

Now is not the time to make bad decisions. I get it that being young you gotta live. Yep have fun and enjoy life. It’s been brought to my attention that I got it good. We all should have it good.

I guess if you aren’t able to save big at least start saving small. Through all your change in a jar and don’t touch it. Another way to go is to throw twenty bucks a week into a jar. You’d be surprised how much you can save.
It would be nice if more of the drivers in my center thought that way. I get the impression that a lot of the drivers in my center don't see a need to as they are relying on a pension to save them.

PT Car Washer

I throw $200 into an account every week. Plus 401k and still bank half my pay check when I do get around to cashing one before it expires. Been living this way for decades.

Thebrownblob

I throw $200 into an account every week. Plus 401k and still bank half my pay check when I do get around to cashing one before it expires. Been living this way for decades.
Max out the 401(k) every week about $400 goes into different accounts for savings another $200 a week goes into other investments.

Brownwind

Max out the 401(k) every week about $400 goes into different accounts for savings another $200 a week goes into other investments.
It definitely comes in handy. Especially when the weather changes and you get a little bonus time away. (Unpaid vacation at the moment and won’t even notice missing the few days from the check).
Gotta hike out now that we have a break in the weather. Back to reality tomorrow

R1wonder

Part time cover today me today he was laid off . Found out they all were and a ton of 22.4 . They only left one cover driver in my group . So that’s gonna be interesting when ppl need a day off. They also forced a ton of guys in for Saturday. Although they did tell these laid off guys they can work Saturday . What a crock of :censored2:. There’s so many drivers who will gladly head home . I never do, I need to work. But others do . That’s up to them. These cover guys want to work and always find it . What’s the company get out of this .

Brown Down

Part time cover today me today he was laid off . Found out they all were and a ton of 22.4 . They only left one cover driver in my group . So that’s gonna be interesting when ppl need a day off. They also forced a ton of guys in for Saturday. Although they did tell these laid off guys they can work Saturday . What a crock of :censored2:. There’s so many drivers who will gladly head home . I never do, I need to work. But others do . That’s up to them. These cover guys want to work and always find it . What’s the company get out of this .
they are hoping we go after each other. divide and conquer

AKCoverMan

Not sure what they think will happen lol. I hope all my low senior cover brothers can come back soon
Agreed. And I am cautiously optimistic. In nearly two decades here it has felt like we are behind the curve staffing wise like 90% of time, punctuated by short periods of slowdown during which the company acts like they are three days away from bankruptcy. 😱

The pendulum will swing back.