Laying off 22.4s.

It's the Boomers fault.

Baby Boomers--those born between 1946 and 1964--make up 28% of the USA's population: 10,000 Boomers reach retirement age every day.

Nearly 29M Boomers retired by 2020, 26M by 2019. By 2030 it will be 75M Boomers, which is being called "The Great Retirement."

One in four workers in the United States is still a Boomer--which means approx 41M are still in the workforce. Guess what: they'll be retiring (or dying working) soon.

So just for your reference, it's Boomers fault.
It's the Boomers fault for litter 35 year old adult children living their basement and not be a productive member of society

Its_a_me

It's the Boomers fault for litter 35 year old adult children living their basement and not be a productive member of society
You still don't get it. You can't replace the larger generation with the smaller upcoming generation. The physical demographics aren't there. It's why they were called Boomers. It's also why there is record low unemployment. Companies knew about this for years.

Let me visualize it for you. See the labor participation of those under 65 in the chart below (the lightly color lines) and see those 65 and older (the dark color lines). Now you see the negative numbers on the left that represent the percentage. You see how those 65 and older are around -8% whereas the others are around -1%. That's who is dropping out of the labor force. Hint: it's not the 35 year olds.

boomers fault2.jpg

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

What’s really demoralizing is that we file grievance after grievance after grievance and the union tells us to call out and then drivers get disciplined and the business agent can’t do anything about it because of this terrible contract language. It’s always you can’t disrupt service!
What kind of discipline? They push the envelope, but no one really has had anything happen for Saturdays

What’s really demoralizing is that we file grievance after grievance after grievance and the union tells us to call out and then drivers get disciplined and the business agent can’t do anything about it because of this terrible contract language. It’s always you can’t disrupt service!
Well now we're in a recession it should remove your problem

But.. but

Last edited:
You still don't get it. You can't replace the larger generation with the smaller upcoming generation. The physical demographics aren't there. It's why they were called Boomers. It's also why there is record low unemployment. Companies knew about this for years.

Let me visualize it for you. See the labor participation of those under 65 in the chart below (the lightly color lines) and see those 65 and older (the dark color lines). Now you see the negative numbers on the left that represent the percentage. You see how those 65 and older are around -8% whereas the others are around -1%. That's who is dropping out of the labor force. Hint: it's not the 35 year olds.

View attachment 417818
Thanks teach but I don't want to hear your lesson on stupidity